Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

'roo hunting expedition.

Starting at YSTW Tamworth (Orbx payware) and wend our way down to Canberra(Orbx payware) as is YCNK Cessnock, YPEC Aeropelican and YWOL Wollongong. Anything else we encounter will be Ant's Aussie Airports LINK or OZx LINK
On Saturday I burbled on about Cairns. As nice as it is I couldn't get 21/2 hours out of it without having you all nod off. So I went further south...A lot further!

I'll be in an A2A C182. As usual, you fly what you like.

I'm presuming the use of JoinFS so sunset in Canberra is 8:08 pip emma local. Flight time @140kts is approximately 2hrs:26mins.37secs not counting faff time, pee breaks and sandwich prepping. You work it out. I will be starting out at 4:45pm...ish.

Things you will need:

1: The latest JoinFS V1.0.18

2: Orbx Australia (On sale at 35% off)

3: OZx v3.5 This is the complete package.

4: Ant's Aussie Airfields. Also the complete package

5: You wont NEED them but they are very good, the Orbx add-on airports mentioned above.

6: Bottle of wine/crate of beer/pile of sandwiches/supply of spliffs

7: Flight plan

8: And lastly a good sharp kangaroo skinning knife!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Oops! I missed the links in to Ant's Aussie Airports LINK or OZx LINK

JoinFS has been updated to V1.0.19 (same link)

• Fixed aircraft count on pilot list.
  • Fixed network bug.
  • Fixed bug on empty 'My IP'.

Always good to fix a network bug I say.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!! Shes purty!!

s5uOiG.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Getting ready, searching for that knife...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

FTX Vector users might want to check YGLB, I just had to disable airport elevation correction (AEC) to get out of a trench.  The rest looked fine.

P.S No 'roos spotted yet....

If you find no kangaroos on your runway, it means that they just have not yet found their way past the fence. Or you are not in Australia.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

The management would like to assure the public that no 'roos were harmed during the making of this journey.