Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

Approaches

Hello Tony, do you export your IFly flight plan to the FS flight planner and save it as IFR? If you do then FSATC will know what your flight plan is and direct you accordingly. 

I cannot remember whether the IFLY can export an FS flight plan, I remember using FSbuild in the old days.

Even if the waypoints (obviously up-to-date in the IFLY) are not available in the FSdatabase FS would still write the flight plan.

I do things in a more complex way. Because I can update my FSdatabase the waypoints I need are there, so I can write a FS flight plan directly into the FS Flightplanner. 

Like you I choose my route first (which airports). I load real weather at my departure airport (ASE). Find out which runways are in use and which runways will be in use at my arrival airport.

ThenI find out which gate my airline would normally use and which runway/departure it would use .....same for arrival. Yes I am that sad!  :lol:

I then write my FS flight plan (after updating waypoint database and approaches) 

There's more.......If you want to fly FS9.x (that is FS9 in 2016) :dirol:

Editvoicepak: I use an updated FSATC that does NOT cancel my IFR flight plan if I bust an altitude or do not call back a station in time. It is accelerated and I update it for callsigns etc.

I have to admit my reasons for delving deeply into FS ATC is I write my own simulations of various navigation units based on the FS GPS coding (Trimbles,Apollos,Littons,Delcos,CMA 900,UNS's,Smiths etc etc ...the only L-1011 FMS I've seen bar Aerosim's (it's in my avatar))

Edetroit,

My EditVoicePack lifesaver.  How are you mate?

In answer to your query, I have no bloody idea if I can export in the FS Planner nor how to do so.  I have been just so happy to be able to operate the IFly 737 and to use ATC.  I was told early on that I could not use ATC in conjunction with the FMS/FMC Plan.  In reality, I have (until now) investigated no further.  

I know  I can save a flight plan under the FMS Menu/SIMU/SAVE /SAVE ROUTE (typically something like YSSYYBBN34L) and then on the next flight, insert that into the Co Route. There may well be another approach and you have given me food for thought.  I shall dig deep to find out and let you know.  I have a few queries for the IFly forum so maybe I shall couch a few questions amongst those.  They will definitely be off topic here.

I also use the FS World Navaids updater to keep up to date with the AIRAC data for FS9 and use Navigraph for the IFLY Aircraft, so waypoints do not prove to be a problem.

As for Gates etc I fly as a unofficial Charter (Five Star Charter) so I would not expect regular gates and am happy to go where they tell me (as long as they are polite about it LOL) and if necessary turn on the progressive taxi although I only find that so if one of my idiotic passengers (all VIPs of course) turn on a mobile phone or tablet whilst I am taxiing thereby causing me to get lost LOL. I just knew there was a reason they tell you not to do that in the real world (Tongue in cheek and PML  ... peeing myself laughing)

Thanks for your response and good to hear from you

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I was told early on that I could not use ATC in conjunction with the FMS/FMC Plan

You can.... I always do.

What you need to do is export your IFLY flight plan to the FSflightplanner. Either the IFLY can do this (cannot remember) or other software (for example FSbuild) can export your IFLY plan to FS (in fact it converts from lots of different formats to the fs flight planner format).

One of the things that make me laugh with this combo is TOD (top of descent). I can see lots of simmers going "who should I follow ...FSATC or my FMS?" Of course IRL you should follow ATC.  :smile:

Anyway you'd be surprised how accurate FSATC can be with TOD.

Happy flying Tony! :hi:

TOD is very accurate, its always close, but you need to have a reasonable estimate for it, like circuit hight and speed at arrival point (not the runway!)

Ed, I understand all you said, but I mess up a lot when on the fly.. meaning in realtime.

In a fmc equipped plane its do able, but with just vor's its pruning thru charts, and even then not always clear.

Can you make video doing such an approach with just basic stuff ? VOR and or NDB's ?

Johan,

I don't see where this has been posted, so here goes. 

If you want to update you default FS2004 Navaids to most current cycle:  http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids2.html

And for most current cycle of Fix (intersections) updates:  http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html

The navaids are updated with monthly cycles, fix updates quarterly.  Very straight forward insaller for the navaids and will back up your current default ones.  The Fix update is easy to do manually with good instructions.

Hope you find this of use, which will allow your current charts to match the navaids in FS2004.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

@Beeachcaptain, yes I know of them, but they are navaids, not approaches.

But that doesnt matter. I see most of them arent that many changed.

However, the initial question was about listing them, but there doesnt seem to be a tool.

Arriving at EHAM I see a lot of TOPPA approaches but not on my charts, then its starts puzzling.. where the hell is TOPPA ?

And then flying in a non fmc plane it gets .. euh... downhill..

Arriving at EHAM I see a lot of TOPPA approaches but not on my charts, then its starts puzzling.. where the hell is TOPPA ?

Here it is, in the middle of the North Sea (courtesy of FlightSim Commander):

Capture_zpsjkl1igdy.jpg

TOPPA is the entry waypoint for the TOPPA2A STAR into EHAM. The rest of the following waypoints are part of that STAR. I would expect that after SUGOL they vector you for landing. SUGOL is part of a holding pattern and is the exist holding anchor point.

My source is the current  EHAM Standard Arrival Chart for EHAM from Eurocontrol which has all of the STARs on one chart.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjflkorcavvtz0d/TOPPA2A%20EHAM.jpg?dl=0

Hello all,

Just a quick one in response to all relevant responses.

I am currently playing around and coming to grips with SimBrief (Free) This is largely due to a lack of funds to buy a payware flight planner.

At this stage, due to other commitments (ie She who MUST be obeyed) I have not delved too far into it.  However, I will report on progress and/or success with this programme.

Thanks to all for your help so far.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Going to do EDDM-EHAM this evening and will report back. (I know its from the other direction, and will use another approach)