Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

xEnviro: Pure magic, or to beautiful to be true?

Guest Mik75

Yes guys!

I am serious, despite all the problems (that hopefully get adressed soon), this plugin is a true game changer! I´ve never ever seen something like this happening in any flight sim!

Absolutely no manual tweaking of the art controls, no RTH, lua, or whatever.

You fire up your sim, go flying, and xEnviro creates such unbelievably realistic scenes...

Please have a look:

derr58gqir6i0igyk.jpg

derr5gu9hhdjqplcs.jpg

derr5tpl78sovtra4.jpg

derrcepn4frnqvasc.jpg

derr69kbjcsee8tp8.jpg

derr6sq6zzrb5bhi4.jpg

derr71xvlhxjlz9zw.jpg

derr7dax60otpz4gs.jpg

derr7n4bh06n8c670.jpg

derrernkoqd6kqsf0.jpg

derr86xwm634zj0ws.jpg

derrg2aiwdze489jw.jpg

derr944fx92mhc57g.jpg

derr9fqypqgxb5ysc.jpg

derr9oxuapy0bollo.jpg

derr9zzuclv7wnw4c.jpg

derra7lxowg2ne4po.jpg

X-Plane 10.51, IXEG B733

Just amazing.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just amazing.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The concept is good. Downside is when you get closer to these clouds then the immersion quickly dies. I had some today which looked as if they wanted to run away from my aircraft. The higher you fly the better it looks.

Hans

Guest Mik75

The concept is good. Downside is when you get closer to these clouds then the immersion quickly dies. I had some today which looked as if they wanted to run away from my aircraft. The higher you fly the better it looks.

The cumulus clouds are 2D, they rotate in order to stay in the same angle to your aircraft.

I think they are aware of this problem, so let´s see what future updates will bring.

I am totally amazed, the potential of this plugin is remarkable!

Here is a video of a stream, I did earlier today. One can see the amazing things, as well as the problems of xEnviro in this short flight from LOWI to EDDS:

Here is a video of a stream, I did earlier today. One can see the amazing things, as well as the problems of xEnviro in this short flight from LOWI to EDDS:

xEnviro colors and atmosphere look ultra realistic to me.

As an unrelated side note, now that I've become accustomed to seeing X-Plane 11 visuals, it's staggering to see how noticeable the difference is compared to XP10.

It's like XP10 suddenly got 10 years older.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

As an unrelated side note, now that I've become accustomed to seeing X-Plane 11 visuals, it's staggering to see how noticeable the difference is compared to XP10.

It's like XP10 suddenly got 10 years older.

Yeah, I was wondering on a flight yesterday if the ground textures have some degree of tesselation in them now; the colours / patterns don't seem to have changed but down low the roads are clearly indented into the fields and the fields themselves seem to have a slightly bumpier look to them.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

is there anything like gex for xplane , also it needs seasons , the green and brown gets old fast

is there anything like gex for xplane , also it needs seasons , the green and brown gets old fast

There is an add on in the works do seasons,as for something like GEX you can download world2xplane (freeware)but 11s osm data is much better than 10s was

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Looking good for sure. But I find too similar to the FS9 with REX clouds and IL2- Sturmovik 1946 tbh.. both games which have more than 10 yrs old... I hate laminar for this, they are guilty for not delivering something so important to any FLIGHT SIM. I give xEnviro devs my best whishes

Guest Mik75

Thanks for commenting guys!

I like using photo scenery, so I don't care too much about the default ground textures, although they look quite similar to me in XPX and XPXI. Due to its superior shadowing though, XPXI has more depth to it, which is more noticeable at lower altitudes, I think.

As for the atmospheric look, I like both sims. XPX tends to look more blue and clearer, XPXI's approach does look more real though.

Exciting times ahead for sure!

xEnviro certainly looks great!  Am going to purchase after they fix a few issues.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Guest Mik75

xEnviro certainly looks great!  Am going to purchase after they fix a few issues.

I hope they will release a first update soon!

The flickering sharp edges of cloud and haze layers around hills and mountains is really not nice, and cloud shadows would add so much depth.

xEnviro has definitely a lot of potential.

There's not a $150 add-on, no.

But there are freeware packs out there that change ground texture colors, etc. How good they look is up for interpretation I guess.