Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

xEnviro: Pure magic, or to beautiful to be true?

is there anything like gex for xplane , also it needs seasons , the green and brown gets old fast

For seasons, there's two options; Simple_Seasons+Winter Package, and a package for Fall and Winter available on Simflight Russia (http://forum.simrussia.com/index.php?/topic/208-%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5-%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%82%D1%83%D1%80%D1%8B-xp-10/) The simple seasons script changes seasons automatically based on several parameters (temperature, months, etc), but I found it to be a bit of a hassle and not exactly perfect (no snow when there should be) so I just opted to use the Russian package. The install of the Russian package is extremely simple, download the .exe from the linked thread, install into a temp location, then put the textures you want into Custom Scenery. To revert back simply remove the files. 

But there are freeware packs out there that change ground texture colors, etc. How good they look is up for interpretation I guess. 

What freeware packs are there for ground textures? I know of w2xp scenery and HD Mesh, but to my knowledge these don't change the actual ground textures. 

The cumulus clouds are 2D, they rotate in order to stay in the same angle to your aircraft.I think they are aware of this problem, so let´s see what future updates will bring.I am totally amazed, the potential of this plugin is remarkable!Here is a video of a stream, I did earlier today. One can see the amazing things, as well as the problems of xEnviro in this short flight from LOWI to EDDS

Thanks for sharing, Michael! Looks really great. I think, I will get xEnviro on the weekend.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I also agree. xEnviro is a sign of awesomeness. Is it perfect, no. BUT it's only version 1. And it already blows away competition. So imagine what it will be when it reaches version 1.1 etc. :) 

• Upvote 1

Guest Mik75

I am also looking forward to coming updates, which hopefully resolve the problems and add a bit more awesomeness...

There are so many issues here. Overexposure, awful sky colors, low resolution clouds, transparent clouds... only in flight simulation a company can get away with releasing such an unfinished mess.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Guest Mik75

Well, for me it's an enjoyable product, even with its current flaws.

This is a new developer, so I really hope they will deliver and fix the issues and add new features, just as promised in their road map. Time will tell. ;-)

For me, it's a hobby, so I do it for enjoyment and having a good time. That's why I tend to see the good things in it...

I think everybody in this hobby developed the habit of focusing on the good things and ignoring the shortcomings... we all do it, all the time.

• Upvote 1

-

It's like XP10 suddenly got 10 years older.

I agree! It's the same with every new Iphone, totally different than the last version...

Umm no it's not ;)

-Roland

Guest Mik75

I think everybody in this hobby developed the habit of focusing on the good things and ignoring the shortcomings... we all do it, all the time.

I am not ignoring the shortcomings. I reported them and I hope they'll get fixed.

But still, xEnviro does things, I've never seen in X-Plane.

I agree! It's the same with every new Iphone, totally different than the last version...

Umm no it's not.

;-) I do find the differences to be quite subtle as well!

But it is still early beta, so I think, during its live span, XPXI will deliver awesome new things!

For now, XPX stays my main sim, it still has the potential to amaze me, and xEnviro even added to that!

can get away with releasing such an unfinished mess.

Skymaxx Pro has years of development and the clouds still look totally unrealistic. I think you should let everybody decide on their own which product they like. Stating multiple times that you don't like the product isn't helpful for anybody. I think we got the message...

• Upvote 5

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Guest Mik75

These are stunning shots - XEnviro looks really good so far!

Thanks, buddy!

I'd call myself a somewhat "seasoned" flight simmer, but XP and xEnviro is a combination that gets me really excited! On every single flight. Can't stop hitting shift + space... ;-)

. . . Stating multiple times that you don't like the product isn't helpful for anybody. I think we got the message...

+1

• Upvote 1

only in flight simulation a company can get away with releasing such an unfinished mess.

That is what LR has been doing for years :P

This may have been a bit quick out of the gate for sure.

+1

I don't have an agenda to diss this product. I think it was my second negative post related to it. There are many more topics about it that I didn't participate in. However, sometimes I see screenshots that I want to comment on, and I think you'll have to deal with that. I think it's helpful for people if everybody states their opinion. And not only join the hype. It's a premium priced product, and therefore critical analysis is absolutely appropriate.

• Upvote 3

-