Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Question RE; Changing P3D Sim Versions

When I update my Sim Version I delete the shader files as part of the process.

Could someone let me know what I need to do if I have the P3D Tweaking Assistant installed.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Michael Broom

I suppose you mean you clear the shaders cache, not delete shaders themselves.

(Shaders cache located at c:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\).

In this case PTA should detect upgrade automatically. Please see upgrade notes here http://1coder.ru/PTA/help.html#upgrade.

Regards,

Hi yuri,

Many thanks for your reply and assistance.

Yes,when upgrading I would normally delete the shader file and then the P3D sim would initiate new shaders following the update/upgrade.

In the Upgrade notes it states that the original shaders must be in the sim but of course following the downloading of the PTA shaders they would be the shaders within the sim.

I am therefore a little confused and probably I am not understanding the process and please forgive me if the answer is obvious.

Am I right in saying that the PTA tweak will revert to the original shaders upon the P3D upgrade.

Just seeking clarification.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

Michael Broom

Am I right in saying that the PTA tweak will revert to the original shaders upon the P3D upgrade.

Initially PTA makes backup of shaders that contain in sim\ShadersHLSL directory. Later, when you upgrade sim, some shaders in PTA backup become obsolete because of new versions of shaders in sim\ShadersHLSL.

When you start PTA after upgrading sim, the tool detects that some shaders in sim\ShadersHLSL was changed. If the new versions of shaders in sim\ShadersHLSL are original shaders of new version of sim, PTA just update obsolete copy in backup

and continue work as usual.

PTA itself doesn't contain and doesn't provide any version of P3D shaders. It just make backup copies of the existing.

if you delete contents if sim\ShadersHLSL and have no original shaders, you can reinstall P3D client to get it back.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.