Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Hat switch - fast panning?

In XP10, they had separate key bindings for regular pan speeds and fast pan speeds with the hat switch.

Not seeing that in XP11 and the panning is too slow to be useful, especially in the pattern, where I need to look quickly to the left or right. Am I missing something or have they just removed this option in the key bindings?

It's still in there, but depending on what joystick you're using it may not let you bind it to the hat switch.

It's not on the choices I can select in the initial page that shows a picture of my joystick (Thrustmaster Warthog) and that's the only place I can bind controls to the top-right hat switch. 

However, if I go to "other controls" I can select one of my additional hat-type switches, and that brings up a longer list that includes the command "Rotate view: pan right fast" and so on. So I just bound it to a different hat-type switch on the joystick. If your joystick only has one hat switch, you may be temporarily out of luck.

Laminar needs to put the full list of bind-able functions on every switch on the joystick, not the shorter list they have now when the sim recognizes a joystick and shows a picture.

File a bug report/request about this.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

By the way, I understand why the initial screen has limited options. It's a good idea to present the most likely assignments, and not confuse newbies with a huge list of inscrutable functions.

But pressing ANY button on the joystick should also work in the longer "Other controls" menu, like it does in the current version XP10. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

In XP10, they had separate key bindings for regular pan speeds and fast pan speeds with the hat switch.

Not seeing that in XP11 and the panning is too slow to be useful, especially in the pattern, where I need to look quickly to the left or right. Am I missing something or have they just removed this option in the key bindings?

I simply took a copy of my XP 10's "X-Plane.prf" and renamed it to "X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf" and replaced the XP 11 version.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I simply took a copy of my XP 10's "X-Plane.prf" and renamed it to "X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf" and replaced the XP 11 version.

Great suggestion Jose, will try this one too.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo