Sign in to follow this  
Astrosofia

Missing parts when camera is near fuselage

Hi guys... great job for this application! thanks so much.. so, ive a problem (see attach.)

practically, how can you increase the field of view of the camera to avoid seeing the plane's interior?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134949723@N05/30686337853/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks so much

Ric

practically, how can you increase the field of view of the camera to avoid seeing the plane's interior?

Fairly certain it's an ESP-based simulator problem. It happens with all cameras, ChasePlane, EzDok, even default. They may be able to work something out, but it's definitely not just ChasePlane that has this problem.

• Upvote 1

Haoning Qu

I have the same problem when I pan around the VC then switch to a view outside the camera is inside the plane. Too bad we couldn't set up two cameras

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

If you are using Prepar3D v3, you can adjust the clipping distance by adding NearClipOverride = 0.3 to the Outside (ChasePlane) section of your cameras.cfg file located in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

You can play around with the value (expressed in feet). If this value is too small, you will see artefacts forming in the distance.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

If you are using Prepar3D v3, you can adjust the clipping distance by adding NearClipOverride = 0.3 to the Outside (ChasePlane) section of your cameras.cfg file located in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

You can play around with the value (expressed in feet). If this value is too small, you will see artefacts forming in the distance.

Clipmode and NearClipOverride... I have been fighting with them for months! :)

For cockpit (On-Board) camera, I prefer Clipmode=Normal, which is also P3D default. ChasePlane sets Clipmode to Minimum (btw. ezdok did the same). I understand this decision, because Normal makes objects that are very close to the aircraft "cut out" – GSX vehicles, jetways. But Minimum has its problem too – it causes z-fighting of textures. Flickering of apron and taxiway textures, airport buildings (especially windows), clouds intersecting mountains...  These effects are often severe (as in the case of recently released Aerosoft Menorca) and affect both on-board and outside cameras. I often read complains of users that an airport "flickers" while developers cannot reproduce it. I will bet that in at least 80% of cases, the cause is Clipmode=Minimum.

I have a dream :) I would like to adjust Clipmode according the phase of my flight. Keven, is it technically possible to change it dynamically? I presume that not. What about a possibility to select the Clipmode for individual presets (e.g. a checkbox "Anti-flickering Mode") ? This should be possible through double camera definitions in cameras.cfg – e.g. On_board Normal & On-Board Minimum and ChasePlane using one or another according the Clipmode ("Anti-flickering") setting of the specific preset...

I think that this "anti-flickering feature" would be interesting for many users.

Roman

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

Clipmode and NearClipOverride... I have been fighting with them for months! :)

For cockpit (On-Board) camera, I prefer Clipmode=Normal, which is also P3D default. ChasePlane sets Clipmode to Minimum (btw. ezdok did the same). I understand this decision, because Normal makes objects that are very close to the aircraft "cut out" – GSX vehicles, jetways. But Minimum has its problem too – it causes z-fighting of textures. Flickering of apron and taxiway textures, airport buildings (especially windows), clouds intersecting mountains...  These effects are often severe (as in the case of recently released Aerosoft Menorca) and affect both on-board and outside cameras. I often read complains of users that an airport "flickers" while developers cannot reproduce it. I will bet that in at least 80% of cases, the cause is Clipmode=Minimum.

I have a dream :) I would like to adjust Clipmode according the phase of my flight. Keven, is it technically possible to change it dynamically? I presume that not. What about a possibility to select the Clipmode for individual presets (e.g. a checkbox "Anti-flickering Mode") ? This should be possible through double camera definitions in cameras.cfg – e.g. On_board Normal & On-Board Minimum and ChasePlane using one or another according the Clipmode ("Anti-flickering") setting of the specific preset...

I think that this "anti-flickering feature" would be interesting for many users.

Roman

Great research Roman!

This is definitely something we can provide as an option. While it might not be possible to change this setting while in flight (we will still research this avenue), we could ask the user for preference.

I added it to the list but it's not going to be before v1.0

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42