Sign in to follow this  
light_blue_yonder

Head Movement In Turns

Hello fellow ChasePlane testers:

I just have a bit of feedback from testing. It's related to turns. Currently, when the plane turns, the camera rotates left and right, whereas in real life, the head would either tilt or shift left or right opposite to the direction of turn. Is this a problem, or is it just me being crazy? If it is, is this going to be fixed? Thanks in advance for a reply.

Haoning Qu

Thanks a lot, Kevin, just feels unrealistic to have a turning head when turning the aircraft. I hate drawing comparisons, but EzDok pretty much nailed the g-force sideload effects. Would be nice to see a similar, more realistic effect in ChasePlane.

Haoning Qu

I think I get what you're saying.

You can increase the lateral movements when the aircraft is rotating by increasing the Acceleration turbulence. Currently, the effect is minimal but in Alpha 2 will allow you to tune those movements to your liking.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

You can increase the lateral movements when the aircraft is rotating by increasing the Acceleration turbulence. Currently, the effect is minimal but in Alpha 2 will allow you to tune those movements to your liking.

I apologize for being unclear. I was in a rush. Now I'm not. 

What I mean is this:

Currently, when the plane turns, the camera rotates on the x-axis (like when you shake your head to say no). Whereas in real life, when you are put into a hard turn, your entire body shifts and your head tilts (like when you tilt your head to read texts sideways). I can't do a video on this because I'm terrible at recording, but I hope I'm finally writing something that can be understood.  :smile:

Haoning Qu