Sign in to follow this  
freded

Cannot change fuel amount

Running through Tutorial 1.5, I set the load to empty and then try to set the fuel to '24689' as instructed. I put the figure into the scratch pad but when I then click on Fuel, all that happens is that the scratch pad empties. The amount of fuel I have chosen is not entered into Fuel.

I've tried this several times, starting with the 777 cold & dark on Taxiway Z1. I've closed and reopened the 777, closed and reopened P3D, rebooted the computer and 'Repaired' the 777 installation.

All to no avail. I don't remember this ever happening the previous times I ran Tutorial 1.5...

Anyone seen this before? Any clues as to what is causing this?

Associated with this, is that the pilot's PFD & ND do not turn on - only the FO's do. Also I cannot change the CHKL display. Is there a connection between all these faults?

Help, please!😳

Mark

Have you got the right weight units selected? If out of the valid range the CDU will reject your input.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yes. FUEL shows TOTAL LBS.

I type 24689 in scratchpad and click on LSK 1L - existing fuel weight (320546) does not alter.

Make sure you are not paused.  The tutorial enters 72.1 (klbs), not sure but 24.7 klbs is a pretty light fuel load and often flight will have at least that much remaining after the trip.

EDIT: I was looking at Tutorial #1..., disregard the values I provided above. I don't have 1.5 readily available but double check your total fuel requirement.

Dan Downs KCRP

Tutorial 1.5 starts off with a low fuel load for taxying to the gate. Only then do you add more fuel for the transatlantic flight.

checked that 24689 lb is correct. But still, it should accept whatever is in the scratchpad...

And no, I am not paused!

Hi,

Are you loading a particular panel state or are loading the default one?

All the different issues may come from a corrupted panel state. 

You may try to delete all your panel states but the one called default directly in the PMDG folder (back them up all before in case).

Then you load the aircraft with the default panel state and recreate whichever one you like.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Budbud,

The panel state is that of a saved P3D Scenario with the 777 on Taxiway Z1 and 'Cold & Dark' that I saved myself. I wasn't aware that there was a 'Default' panel state and have no idea how to load it! To achieve the cold & dark state I simply shut down the engines and turned off the battery. There is no explanation in Tutorial 1.5 of how to select the cold & dark state directly when choosing the aircraft...

It seems likely that your diagnosis is correct, as that would explain why I have several faults at the same time.

Will deleting all the panel states in the PMDG folder cause the 777 to load cold & dark?

Hi,

The explanations regarding the panel states are in the introduction manual (p 0.00.73) not in the tutorial.

Also do not delete ALL the panel states from the PMDG folder. Keep the one called "default" it is very important! I'm not sure what would happen if you don't let any in the folder.

Then leaving only the default panel state in the PMDG folder will allow you to load the PMDG with the default panel state (not cold and dark) which has proven to be a solution to many issues reported here and related to corrupted panel states.

From this default panel, you can then recreate whichever panel state you like.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Will deleting all the panel states in the PMDG folder cause the 777 to load cold & dark?

Nope. Engines running.

You can also delete all of panel states if you'd like. You can either load the sim and recreate them on your own, or you can re-run the installer and select "repair."

Kyle Rodgers

You can also delete all of panel states if you'd like.

So it doesn't matter if you delete all the panel states? Interesting, I thought it would need at least one panel state in the folder to load the aircraft in the sim.

In this case, what state is loaded, default anyway?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

In this case, what state is loaded, default anyway?

See the line immediately above the one you quoted  :P : "Engines running."

If I'm recalling my NGX knowledge correctly, there isn't a default state in there at all. It's just Short, Long, and Cold. Since none of those were set on the default state line, it would load with engines running on the first flight. The 777 behaves similarly, but I believe it ships with the default state to make it a bit easier to re-set it back to default if you want the engines running when you load up.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, just looking at the PMDG PanelState folder of the NGX, there is definitely a NGX DEFAULT.FMC /.SAV, so a default panel state, same for the T7 777 DEFAULT.fmc /.sav.

Both for FSX, it maybe different for P3D but I don't know I don't have it.

That's why I was wondering what state would be loaded in absence of any panel state in the folder (therefore deleting also the default panel state).  :wink:

But you have already answered that, thanks.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Thanks guys,

All of which does not answer my question, 'How do you start the 777 in a 'Cold & Dark' state?'.

Can you select that state from the PMDG SETUP > PANEL STATE LOAD or do you have to shut down engines and electrics and then save the STATE? Will this then give you a cold & dark STARTUP STATE?

And where exactly is this "PMDG PanelState folder of the NGX"? I cannot find it under Prepar3D 3.3.5\PMDG...

All of which does not answer my question, 'How do you start the 777 in a 'Cold & Dark' state?'.

Mark,

Your question has definitely been answered. I noted right at the beginning of Tutorial #1.5 that it was written on the assumption that you've completed and are familiar with Tutorial #1. Additionally, I also noted that it was written on the understanding that you'd read the Intro Manual. This manual, of course, goes into great detail about panel states - how to load them, save, them, and so on. Since you are confused on this point, I highly doubt that it's a panel state corruption issue, as a couple of us thought a few posts ago.

Based on what you've written, I have a feeling that the issue here is one of not fully understanding how to get all of this working. Please have a run through the Intro Manual, specifically regarding the panel states. If you don't understand something, you cannot gloss over it. Otherwise, as you've found out, it might not work properly. You may also want to go back to Tutorial #1 and run through it (or at least read through it) to reacquaint yourself with the knowledge in it.

Additionally, ensure that you're setting the payload and fuel through the CDU PAYLOAD> and FUEL> page, and not through the P3D interface (or any other interface).

Kyle Rodgers

Not willing to add fuel to the fire, but I even gave you the reference to the page of the introduction manual which explains everything about the panel states:

The explanations regarding the panel states are in the introduction manual (p 0.00.73) not in the tutorial.

As for this:

And where exactly is this "PMDG PanelState folder of the NGX"? I cannot find it under Prepar3D 3.3.5\PMDG...

Disregard, this is for the NGX.

For the T7, it should be here: PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg