Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

Replacement MS TTS voices in MCE

Cereproc is fantastic!! They were running a sale..not sure now. They are compatible with mce and they are working right now on a fix for voices in Pilot2atc if you use it.

Best regards,

Bob M.

Bob M

I am having a strange issue with Cereproc voices (Adam, Nathan and William) in MCE. They spell the numbers. For example for 2 5 0 they don't say "two five oh" but (phonetically) "tee doubleyou oh eff eye vee eeh oh age". Flaps One, Flaps Two, Flaps Three and Flaps Four is read correctly though.

When I use the Cereproc voices in other applications they read the numbers correctly.

And Ivona and Microsoft voices read all numbers correctly in MCE.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

I am having a strange issue with Cereproc voices (Adam, Nathan and William) in MCE. They spell the numbers. For example for 2 5 0 they don't say "two five oh" but (phonetically) "tee doubleyou oh eff eye vee eeh oh age". Flaps One, Flaps Two, Flaps Three and Flaps Four is read correctly though.

When I use the Cereproc voices in other applications they read the numbers correctly.

And Ivona and Microsoft voices read all numbers correctly in MCE.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

Solved.

I redownloaded and updated the Cereproc voices. Problem solved with the newest versions of the voices.

How do I install the cerebrok voices into MCE. Do they come as .dll and I just copy them to MCE\Voices?

Thanks Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Just run the installer .exe file of the voice.

MCE will automatically find the TTS voices that are installed on your system (did it for me at least).

Got it I should have read David's comment above before posting.

Peter

I might not have been successful in installing the cereprog voice. I added .exe to the downloaded file, copied the .dlls to voices/copilot. My copilot is

now not conducting all checklists; e.g. after t/o checklist, copilot responds after t/o checklist, but nothing happens. Some other checklist she is doing correctly.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

I don't really comprehend what you were doing.

When I downloaded the installer from my Cereproc account it was an .exe file. For example "CereVoiceAdam.exe".

I just ran that file and the voice was installed into the default "c:\program files (x86)\CereProc" folder.

Then Is started MCE, clicked "TTS" in the voice selection Interface and the installed voice was there to select automatically.

I did not manually copy any .dll files.

Thanks Ralf, I might have misunderstood what was explained further above. I will try your method. Even so I might have mixed up my installation, I am able

to select the Cereproc voice in MCE. The issue I have is that she is only going through some checklists. E.g. I say "After t/o checklist" she responds "After t/o checklist or similar" but then nothing happens.

Peter

So the checklists work for you with the prerecorded voices but not with the TTS voice?

Strange. That never happened to me.

Yes, I tried with prerecorded voice today and everything worked as expected. I will fly again with my Cereproc copilot

the next days. I hope everything will be fine.

Peter

@Petermuc3

Could eventually use the default Microsoft TTS voice to check whether issue is Cereproc related.

Some TTS voices may need more CPU processing than others.

To make things more complicated, MCE plays those TTS voices using a low priority thread (in order to give FSX/P3D more CPU time).

As a result, it's possible the odd voice may struggle to output audio, under heavy CPU load.

Suggest you try same voice with a different aircraft, as you seem to be flying FSL A320 at this time. And the latter is known for using all cores.

Keep us updated.

Hi,

I tried with Microsoft's TTS and faced the same problems. So it seems that the TTS voices need more processing power.

Problems are that parts of the checklists are not spoken or my CereProc voice cannot pronounce anti-ice. Is too bad as CereProc

is not cheep. I did not change from the FSL BUS as this is the one I exclusively fly for the moment. Can I train my CereProc voice to pronounce

some words correctly? I would love to have her as my copilot. Is there anything what can be done, Gerald?

Thanks for the help.

Peter

By the way with the prerecorded Andy everything works fine.

Peter