Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

Replacement MS TTS voices in MCE

I would love to have her as my copilot. Is there anything what can be done, Gerald?

I don't use TTS voices myself. People who use Cereproc voices are better placed to answer that question.

Years ago, when I used IVONA voices, there was such an option to get the voices to pronounce specific words the way you want them. Never used Cereproc though.

We could eventually raise the background thread priority to ensure Windows gives it more execution time. Just that we didn't feel the need so far, and not everyone is flying FSL A320. If this is confirmed with many other aircraft and other users, maybe time to look at it.

Ok thanks, Gerald, maybe someone else using CereProc can help.

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Hi,

I tried with Microsoft's TTS and faced the same problems. So it seems that the TTS voices need more processing power.

Problems are that parts of the checklists are not spoken or my CereProc voice cannot pronounce anti-ice. Is too bad as CereProc

is not cheep. I did not change from the FSL BUS as this is the one I exclusively fly for the moment. Can I train my CereProc voice to pronounce

some words correctly? I would love to have her as my copilot. Is there anything what can be done, Gerald?

Thanks for the help.

Peter

By the way with the prerecorded Andy everything works fine.

I am having no such problems with Cereproc Adam, Jack, Nathan and William (with the Aerosoft Airbus).

Did you try to run some scripts or checklists on a simple default aircraft just to make sure it really is a problem of the FSL Airbus?

Did you try the Cereproc voices with another application? For example download Balabolka portable, enter your checklist there and see if it is read correctly.

What do you mean when you say it cannot pronounce anti-ice? I can confirm that my American English voices of Cereproc pronounce it more like "anteye ice", whereas the British English voices pronounce it as "antee ice". English is not my native language but I suppose that might just be the difference between British and American English. Is that what you mean?

I'm afraid there is no training or settings of the voices; at least I haven't found something like that.

If you want it to pronounce it "antee" you can try to spell it that way in your checklist. I don't know if the checklist function of MCE would work correctly with that though. Gerald?

To make things more complicated, MCE plays those TTS voices using a low priority thread (in order to give FSX/P3D more CPU time).

As a result, it's possible the odd voice may struggle to output audio, under heavy CPU load.

Aha!

That's a possible cause to certain effects I am hearing with CereProc "Jess". The older I get, the more impatient! I notice some flows are taking ages...all the candles on my birthday cake have melted the cake before we finish the "clean up flow":-)

Certain "verbose" flow statements have become silent? Others are as before! Some first numerals are not anunciated, they get dialled perfectly, but she misses the first number on readback. Jess is a bit of a tease anyway, so she's probably testing out this old guy in the left seat!!:-)

The fastest first officer in my crew roster is Dieter!:-)

As for "anti-ice" not being pronounced, I would try removing the "-"? Certain CereProc pronunciations require a little fine tuning!

Cheers,

David.

Thanks guys, actually I have not tried with a simpler aircraft yet. Katherine, my CereProc copi, does not pronounce anti ice English nor American, she really

struggles with it, she repeats it serveral times. I am gonna try with antee ice no dash. Will see. The bigger problem is leaving out some checklists or not

being able to talk to ground. I have a cockpit procedure flow in which she handles the comms with ground for GPU. It works but I cannot hear her conversation

with ground (red text something like ...unknown command... on the screen). I am gonna fiddle around with different wording etc. and will see.

Thanks again.

Peter

Peter

. It works but I cannot hear her conversation

with ground (red text something like ...unknown command... on the screen). I am gonna fiddle around with different wording etc. and will see

Take a look at the pdf instruction manuals that get installed with MCE. They will give you all the accepted phrases to use with ground etc.

Having said that, we can be quite flexible and creative with commands in the flows. But that red "unknown command" is when we have overstepped the understanding of our FO.

Cheers,

David

(red text something like ...unknown command... on the screen)

This simply means there could be a typo in the speech command, or it's not one of the stock commands. Eventually check the commands in the script individually, find out which one isn't recognised, look-up the correct command and edit the one in the script. All script commands must be in lower case.

Thanks Gerald and David, I think my voicescript is correct, because ground is connecting ground power even so I do not hear Katherine ordering it.

If I use prerecorded Andy I can hear "ground connect g/p".  I will try with a different wording.

Peter

@Ralf I did try Katherine with Balabolka and she can read everything, sometimes a bit strange pronounciation but ok.

So I think the problem is back to the BUS eating a lot of the system ressources.

Peter

Hi,

my Cereproc Katherine is still a bit of a problem, besides some strange pronounciations she refuses to run a specific checklist. All other checklists work fine.

After Take off

[ ] Landing gear  -- Up Lights out

[ ] Flaps  -- Retracted

[ ] Packs  -- On

She repeats "After Take Off Checklist" but then nothing happens.

Thanks

Peter

Peter