Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

Carenado Christmas Sale is On

I keep pondering their Phenom 300...something to fly into some of my smaller airports.  I've always been skittish about their glass though. 

• How are framerates?
  • Did they implement anything close to a FADEC?
  • Does FLC work?
  • How's navigation with the add-on extension?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Cheaper to buy directly from Carenado than from simmarket.

Hi Gregg,

I keep pondering their Phenom 300...something to fly into some of my smaller airports.  I've always been skittish about their glass though.

• How are framerates?
  • Does FLC work?

Framerates are good (except when I install the Navigraph extension), but the systems aren't working very well on my PC (The AP tended to play tricks on me).

However, I now use the plane with Bert's GTN 750 mod (http://www.avsim.com/topic/473612-gtn750-for-phenom-300/). With this extension it is a great plane.

Peter

Hi Greg,

I have the Phenom 300, and I need to say it's looking quite nice - Carenado quality! But then, as well Carenado quality:

• How are framerates?

I would say they are OK, definitely worse than with my AS 32x family jets.

No, not really

• Does FLC work?

Yes, in principle a similar implementation as on the F1 Mustang, but I would say less precise when trying to hold the speed through climb

I have not purchased it. I think it's a rip off to need to pay extra for it while others include it in the regular product.

All in all I realize that I use the Phenom less often than my Mustang.

Cheers

Frank

... and I realize the AC I was most looking at, the DO-228, is not on sale; a pity. I need to wait for the next one.

Many aircraft for X-Plane are 50% off.   Of course, they are for XP10 so there is a chance that they may have some issues.

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Thanks guys.  I'll just have to be patient and wait for something else.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hmm...I wonder if Carenado have made any comments on whether or not they will charge for updates to X-Plane 11 full compatibility or enhancements. Not sure I want to pay twice.

I wonder that as well.  But, I know that they rarely put things on sale and may just take the chance.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Hi Folks,

Thanks - might have to take a gander...

My current checklist for Carenado products - actually I am more interested in some of the Alabeo product but they don't appear on sale...

• No glass cockpit (unable to DTO)
  • No FMC (unable to DTO)
  • Native GTN support (3D Bezel)
  • Minimal Bugs

I might have to rummage around a bit...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Which are good in xplane?

Thinking about the Baron. It is an old aircraft, but it flies at a decent speed and there is always the simcoders expansion pack.

Regards, Perry

Thinking about the Baron. It is an old aircraft, but it flies at a decent speed and there is always the simcoders expansion pack.

The Grand Caravan which I own is pretty good and beautifully modeled.

I only have two in X-Plane but they're both great -- the Caravan and the F33a Bonanza. The latter has the simcoders Reality Expansion Pack available. My only gripe about the Caravan is that it doesn't include a floats version. 

I might pick up the PC12 for X-Plane in the sale.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I sorta wanted the Hawker and while I don't really have a problem with the discount, the regular price that the discount is applied to is the problem. Costs are out of control, almost $35. Cancel order!

I think it's ridiculous, I think Carenado is doing a little bit of a number. We want Carenado to make a lot of money, but not that much money. :BigGrin:

• Upvote 2