Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

Moving Around in X-Plane 10 and 11

Hello AVSIMmers,

Could you tell me how to move around in X-Plane, I dont know how to do it. And could you tell me how to change views and change the direction where your looking at. (etc, On FSX you hold down on Spacebar and move mouse).

And by the way, Happy Christmas! :smile:

Thanks

Hello AVSIMmers,

Could you tell me how to move around in X-Plane, I dont know how to do it. And could you tell me how to change views and change the direction where your looking at. (etc, On FSX you hold down on Spacebar and move mouse).

And by the way, Happy Christmas! :smile:

Thanks

The most basic ways are: Right click mouse and drag. Use arrow keys.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Period . and comma , are used to move the camera forward and backward. Hold shift while using the arrow keys or comma/period to move fast.

Quick views for the cockpit can be stored by pressing Ctrl + Num X, with X being any number key on the num block. To recall the view, just use X. You can set up to 10 cutsom views (Num 0 - 9) for any plane.

• Upvote 2

Thank You, I appreciate your replies.

Could you tell me how to walk in and out of the plane and walk in the airport for example

For moving around freely at an airport, you can press "c" which puts you in free camera mode. Controls are the same as in the cockpit.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane also has documentation available. Describes many things people are asking in the forum which makes me think we have become a generation of ask and waiters and not search and finders :)

http://www.x-plane.com/manuals/desktop/

I can understand that many people are interested in X-Plane and have questions but I have seen many topics on the same subjects but hopefully that will die down in a few months.

Have found that too

Annoying. Unlike FSX where you can just disable TIR and then use normal keys.

Would love to figure that out

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In the track IR set up you can set the keys.

F9 F8 etc then I make sure there is no combination used in XP10\11

I also use it with Xcamera with no problems.

2 keys, 1 for pause and 1 for center.

• Upvote 1

Trevor Golding

I was about to start a new thread but this is the perfect one to ask this:

In FSX/P3D Spot view, my TIR 'heading' (left-right movement) causes my view to orbit the aircraft around the CG. Is there a way to assign TIR input to behave that in XP11 default or with X-Camera? As far as I can tell, I only have pitch/heading type camera movement in XP. The only 'orbit' type movement I've seen is by sequencing camera views or using the automated Orbit animation, but that's not the same thing and I really miss that from FSX/P3D.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

In the track IR set up you can set the keys.

F9 F8 etc then I make sure there is no combination used in XP10\11

I also use it with Xcamera with no problems.

2 keys, 1 for pause and 1 for center.

Those keys aren't the problem. They work. The problem is that the XP keys with which you can move around in the cockpit don't work when you use TrackIR.

Thanks, Do you know how to walk in airports and the plane itself?

Sorry, I'm brand-new to X-Plane..