Sign in to follow this  
trainut123

airport install

need a bit of advice chaps want to install a few airports.  ie,. select artist , press download. open. file I there  now were do I go from there not to sure

need a bit of advice chaps want to install a few airports.  ie,. select artist , press download. open. file I there  now were do I go from there not to sure

unzip the download and then place that folder into your x-plane11\custom scenery folder...done

Ryan

unzip the download and then place that folder into your x-plane11\custom scenery folder...done

I just LOVE how easy it is to install things into XP! ;)

can you just direct me to the scenery file location I am on windows 10

Post #2 made it clear.  Go to the main directory of your XP installation and then click on the custom scenery directory.  Paste the folder for the airport you want installed, into this directory and that's all.  I fyou are adding mesh or other custom scenery though, you follow the same procedure, but then you have to fire up XP, select your aircraft and location and then accept it.  Once XP has fully loaded and you are sitting in your cockpit, quit out of XP completely and then navigate to your scenery.ini file, contained in the custom scenery directory and open it in notepad.  Find the entry for the scenery you added, and move it to the bottom of the list, so you in essence change the load order.  Most, if not all of the custom scenery that is out there has a readme file that will instruct you on how to install anyways.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I just LOVE how easy it is to install things into XP! ;)

I agree!  I'm used to having files all over the computer and different programs to start up.  The plug-in concept make things so much easier

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Furthermore you can place a simple link into custom_scenery folder to a scenery contained into another folder or drive. Very clever system.

Just something to take note of:

Whenever a scenery has dependencies such as Open-scenery, or FFLibraries, be sure to download the required files, or you will get loading errors.

You can check which libraries are missing by looking at the xplane logfile in the root of X-Plane.

Don't start X-Plane again or it will overwrite the old logfile and you won't find the correct error.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi all, I installed a Boston Logan (KBOS) airport into XP10,and now I have 2 sets of runway and taxiway markings. Does anyone know where the default KBOS is,in the file structure, so I can delete it?

Thanks Jim

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

It's in the global airports folder in the custom scenery folder.  Open the scenerypacks.ini and move global airports down the bottom but above mesh/photoscenery if you have them.

Hi all, I installed a Boston Logan (KBOS) airport into XP10,and now I have 2 sets of runway and taxiway markings. Does anyone know where the default KBOS is,in the file structure, so I can delete it?

Thanks Jim

Ryan

Thanks Ryan,will give that a go,lovin this sim!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

ok jim  I think I have followed your instructions,   purchased one small plane and one small airport . both  installed plane flys ok  I placed the plane in aircraft at the top of the list  I do have a problem with this can only see 20% of control and it has dark shadows on under side of body I get none with other aircraft     airport shows in list but when I add code go to airport does not show file placed in custom scenery x plane 10 not 11