Sign in to follow this  

I have read others post on how to properly get the FO not to listen when the PTT is pressed, however after doing all the steps it still happens. I have a thrustmaster HOTAS jotstick and i use the trigger as my vatsim PTT. I have run the app wizard and and set the same PTT as my vatsim (trigger button), adjusted the ini to "1" and i have disabled the talk to ATC function in the interface. The ini confirms the trigger as the PTT. Am i missing something? im sure it is something on my end that i am doing, but would greatly appreciate some assistance in the matter.

Also, i would like to use my mouse button as my TS3 PTT, but do not want the FO picking up on that stuff as well. Is this possible? i have seen a post about using the END key as a PTT, but wondering if i could change it to my mouse 4 button.

Thank you for any help!

Tyler Sexton

I have read others post on how to properly get the FO not to listen when the PTT is pressed, however after doing all the steps it still happens. I have a thrustmaster HOTAS jotstick and i use the trigger as my vatsim PTT. I have run the app wizard and and set the same PTT as my vatsim (trigger button), adjusted the ini to "1" and i have disabled the talk to ATC function in the interface. The ini confirms the trigger as the PTT. Am i missing something? im sure it is something on my end that i am doing, but would greatly appreciate some assistance in the matter.

Also, i would like to use my mouse button as my TS3 PTT, but do not want the FO picking up on that stuff as well. Is this possible? i have seen a post about using the END key as a PTT, but wondering if i could change it to my mouse 4 button.

Thank you for any help!

Not sure which MCE version you're on.

Suggest you upgrade to latest anyway, as the PTT functionality was improved slightly within the last two months. It used to occasionally take up to 2 seconds before all speech reco is disabled, but now should do that faster, every time.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

As for using the mouse as a PTT, although technically easy to implement, we're not going into that.

All it takes is an accidental hit on the mouse, for user to wrongly conclude after going through the Demo, that it's very hard to interact with co-pilot. And then we'd have to explain that if he wants to give a command, should make sure he doesn't intend to click anything in VC.  :smile:

If is possible to change the <END> key via "fsInsier.ini" though.

Which one would you like to use?

I am using the most up to date version, 2.6.87? the only part of this that i ran across is, it detected when transmitting on vatsim...does that matter as far as it stop listening? Lately i have only been on unicom so i havent really got to transmit, but i sit there and try it and clive keeps answering me lol. I felt like ive followed all the working steps as stated previously, so im not sure what im doing wrong here.

Tyler Sexton

Just and update, i tried it with ATC online and clive kept answering me lol. Funny, but i would like to have it fixed to wear it suspends it while im talking, especially on takeoff and landings as everything is happening quickly. 

Tyler Sexton

Just and update, i tried it with ATC online and clive kept answering me lol. Funny, but i would like to have it fixed to wear it suspends it while im talking, especially on takeoff and landings as everything is happening quickly. 

Make sure you didn't emulate DEL or END key via FSUIPC.

If using joystick, MCE would monitor it directly. Simply need to set "UseWithVoxATC=1" under [GAMEPAD] section  in mce.ini and disable the "Talk to ATC" feature in UI.

Otherwise assign <END> key in your online software as PTT.

I asked earlier, if you need a different key let me know which one you have in mind and I'll tell you how to do it.

I like to use the trigger on my joystick. I set "UseWithVoxATC=1" under [GAMEPAD] section already, and right above it, it states the controller im using and everything. Below is what i have in the .ini.

[GAMEPAD]

JoyManID=T.Flight Hotas X
JoyProdID=T.Flight Hotas X
JoyButton=1
UseWithVoxATC=1 //(set to 1 if you want to use the same joystick assignment with VoxATC. It will ensure FO doesn't listen to your speech while the joystick button is held down using VoxATC)

Tyler Sexton

I like to use the trigger on my joystick. I set "UseWithVoxATC=1" under [GAMEPAD] section already, and right above it, it states the controller im using and everything. Below is what i have in the .ini.

[GAMEPAD]

JoyManID=T.Flight Hotas X
JoyProdID=T.Flight Hotas X
JoyButton=1
UseWithVoxATC=1 //(set to 1 if you want to use the same joystick assignment with VoxATC. It will ensure FO doesn't listen to your speech while the joystick button is held down using VoxATC)

You can add this section and option to "mce.ini"

[VATSIM]

NotifyPTTstate=1

When you hold PTT down, you should see a red text notifying when PTT is see as pressed.

that way, you can check whether it's related to some lag. I mean how quick does the text come up.

Suggest you don't start transmitting on Vatsim until MCE reco is completely muted.

After doing that, now he's doing the flows as ATC us giving me the instructions lol. i.e. they gave me an approach clearance and then clive started running through the approach flow on his own, and then the landing clearance he started the landing flow on his own...its cool until im landed and people behind me are getting clearances and he keeps doing the flows. Also, my mic is muted lol so he shouldnt be hearing anything from that.

Tyler Sexton

After doing that, now he's doing the flows as ATC us giving me the instructions lol. i.e. they gave me an approach clearance and then clive started running through the approach flow on his own, and then the landing clearance he started the landing flow on his own...its cool until im landed and people behind me are getting clearances and he keeps doing the flows. Also, my mic is muted lol so he shouldnt be hearing anything from that.

Just in case it's related to joystick, suggest you use the END key as PTT for a couple of flights.

Is it possible to use the CTRL-key as I have this to talk to IVAO ATC?

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

@Petermuc

Affirmative, in addition to the default <END> key, you can assign another one.

MCE runs outside the simulator process and doesn't actively monitor the keyboard state.

it's rather fsInsider.dll that does that.

Go to FSX installation folder and open config file "fsInsider.ini"

Change "VatsimPTT=0" to "VatsimPTT=17"

17 is the value for Left or right CTRL key

Other example

32 for space bar

You'll need to restart FSX after making changes to "fsInsider.ini"

how does one find the value for each key? I am not a fan of using the end key, in that case it would be easier to use num lock. Id really like to use the trigger button since my hands on it for takeoff, which is the main reason why i wanted it there. is VATSIMPTT=1 really for the joystick or is there another value it may be?

Tyler Sexton

how does one find the value for each key? I am not a fan of using the end key, in that case it would be easier to use num lock. Id really like to use the trigger button since my hands on it for takeoff, which is the main reason why i wanted it there. is VATSIMPTT=1 really for the joystick or is there another value it may be?

The value for VatsimPTT must match the ASCII value for the key, using this table as a reference.

http://www.ascii-code.com/

On the other hand, this setting in "mce.ini", can be used with any other ATC system (in cluding Vatsim). It refers to a joystick button

[GAMEPAD]

UseWithVoxAtc=1

Do not duplicate. You must opt for one or the other. I mean if using josytick button, edit "mce.ini". If using keyboard, assign key in "fsInsider.ini"