Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

The Rising Sun meets the Rising Sun

Cant wait for it! I hope there will also be a decent cathay cargo polished 747-400bcf for some flights between the upcomming flytampa Schiphol and taxi2gate Hong Kong. Man I miss these polished cargo birds at Schiphol.

sig1.png
sig2.png

Beautiful shot Michael!  That is one of my favorite liveries!

Cant wait for it! I hope there will also be a decent cathay cargo polished 747-400bcf for some flights between the upcomming flytampa Schiphol and taxi2gate Hong Kong. Man I miss these polished cargo birds at Schiphol.

Hey Kenzo,

I can personally guarantee that she will be graced with that beautiful paint as soon as I can move the textures over after the release.

See this post:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498394-oh-to-have-a-744-freighter-to-put-these-textures-on/?p=3513966

I've updated the paint since this post, fixed the little issues you may notice on her. 

I'm pretty excited about the release too, she looks absolutely stunning!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Love your repaints Steve I am a freight dog and grab up any cargo repaint!

I still am undecided on what airline I am going to fly most for the 747v3. Maybe KLM Cargo, or Cathay Cargo.

I do miss JAL Cargo their bare metal repaints were great to see in real life. - David Lee

Love your repaints Steve I am a freight dog and grab up any cargo repaint!

I still am undecided on what airline I am going to fly most for the 747v3. Maybe KLM Cargo, or Cathay Cargo.

I do miss JAL Cargo their bare metal repaints were great to see in real life. - David Lee

Thanks David.  I enjoy painting and giving back to our community.

Funny you should mention KLM Cargo.  She's queued up in my hangar as well.  :wink:  (So is KLM Asia for that matter).  

I'm sure some if not most of these liveries will be available on release by the PMDG paint department, so if I happen to pick the same reg, I'll just re-reg mine as I'm moving the textures over to the PMDG model.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks David.  I enjoy painting and giving back to our community.

Funny you should mention KLM Cargo.  She's queued up in my hangar as well.  :wink:  (So is KLM Asia for that matter).  

I'm sure some if not most of these liveries will be available on release by the PMDG paint department, so if I happen to pick the same reg, I'll just re-reg mine as I'm moving the textures over to the PMDG model.

KLM have only a fleet of 3. but Martinair also operate I think 1 or 2 BCFs not sure for how much longer - David Lee

KLM have only a fleet of 3. but Martinair also operate I think 1 or 2 BCFs not sure for how much longer - David Lee

Well I'll paint one of them for sure, hehe.  

Martinair....wow.  I think I painted a Martinair Cargo DC-10 years and years (and years) ago!   I remember liking the livery a lot.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Well I'll paint one of them for sure, hehe.  

Martinair....wow.  I think I painted a Martinair Cargo DC-10 years and years (and years) ago!   I remember liking the livery a lot.  :wink:

KLM transferred all Cargo flying to Martinair so their pilots fly the KLM 747-400ERFs. Martinair operate also one or 2 400BCFs too

I'm one of those crazy people that love having the whole fleet painted, I'm flying the 77F with all of Aerologic's fleet painted. Would really love if you could do all 3 of KLM's ERFs or at least a different reg than what PMDG are doing. - David Lee

Steve, that has to be the best bare metal paint i've seen! Cant wait for it.

As for the KLM, i'd Love to see the old old colors both in KLM and KLM Asia, the one with the grey belly, white and Big dark blue cheatline and klm Blue top.

sig1.png
sig2.png

Steve, that has to be the best bare metal paint i've seen! Cant wait for it.

Thanks Luc,  It will be even better when I get the right models to put it on, then do the final tweaking that is always needed for metal.  They say that hard work is rewarded with good outcomes...painting metal is hard work.  :wink:

As for the KLM, i'd Love to see the old old colors both in KLM and KLM Asia, the one with the grey belly, white and Big dark blue cheatline and klm Blue top.

Anything else?  :lol:   Don't worry Luc.  Everyone likes KLM, and there are many excellent painters lined up ready to paint this one.

KLM transferred all Cargo flying to Martinair so their pilots fly the KLM 747-400ERFs. Martinair operate also one or 2 400BCFs too

I'm one of those crazy people that love having the whole fleet painted, I'm flying the 77F with all of Aerologic's fleet painted. Would really love if you could do all 3 of KLM's ERFs or at least a different reg than what PMDG are doing. - David Lee

We'll see.  There will be many requests for paints. When we get the paintkit and see what's involved in changing reg's we can determine the level of effort involved. (some airlines put reg numbers all over the plane...but mostly on the rear fuse of course...then there is the horz. tail, the nose gear door, the wings, etc.)  Also, you can't just open the texture maps that have already been converted to .dds files as the compression algorithms totally trashes the base colors and introduces alot of noise (i.e pixels 1 or 2 rgb values off) all over the map.  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

KLM still operates 3 ERFs, and 13 of their 17 Ms are out and around (3 are at LETL 1 at KMHV). Martinair stored two of their BCFs at LETL, with one still out flying around.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

KLM still operates 3 ERFs, and 13 of their 17 Ms are out and around (3 are at LETL 1 at KMHV). Martinair stored two of their BCFs at LETL, with one still out flying around.

Hey Kyle,

One of the great things (and possibly the best) of flightsimming is that we get to fly them, regardless if they are all but Coke® cans now.    I just painted an Air Pacific 747 that suffered the same fate, but I'll be flying her from KLAX to Fiji this weekend.  :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg