Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

The Rising Sun meets the Rising Sun

Really digging that pic, brother, got any more?

spacer.png

Hey Kyle,

One of the great things (and possibly the best) of flightsimming is that we get to fly them, regardless if they are all but Coke® cans now.    I just painted an Air Pacific 747 that suffered the same fate, but I'll be flying her from KLAX to Fiji this weekend.  :smile:

Agreed. LETL and (most of) KMHV are actual storage facilities, so most of them (and most of most of them) are still sitting out there dormantly. EGBP, KTUL, KTUP, and some of the others are the ones where, when you see they went there, your heart sinks a bit.

Air Pacific, eh? Their rainbow tail with the stripes coming up ahead of the wing was pretty cool looking. I don't think it made it onto any 400s though. The later one was a bit bland for my tastes.

Kyle Rodgers

your heart sinks a bit.

Hey Kyle,

Researching pics on the net for 747's to paint generally makes your heart sink when you sort the pics by most recent date.  You see more and more up on blocks, engines, doors and other re-salable parts stripped off...just waiting for her appointment with the chopper. :sad: 

This is the Air Pacific I painted...I liked both versions of the paint, but you're right I don't think the older version saw the 400.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/499326-ifly-air-pacific-747-400-released/?p=3523760  

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Anything KLM/Martinair/Cathay Cargo will get my attention.

KLM still operates 3 ERFs, and 13 of their 17 Ms are out and around (3 are at LETL 1 at KMHV). Martinair stored two of their BCFs at LETL, with one still out flying around.

From the top of my head, Bravo Golf Lima and Mike are not combi's but regular -400's.

sig1.png
sig2.png

From the top of my head, Bravo Golf Lima and Mike are not combi's but regular -400's.

The post I was quoting was only referring to cargo/freight, so that's only what I searched for and addressed. The KLM non-Ms are PH-BFA, PH-BFB, PH-BFG, PH-BFL, PH-BFN. I can't find a BGL or BGM registration at all, so they must have been put out to pasture and bought by a scrap company (like AerSale) that re-registered it, or it was sold/leased under a new reg.

Kyle Rodgers

Anything KLM/Martinair/Cathay Cargo will get my attention.

PH-BGL and PH-BGM are not -400s, but 737-700s :smile:

Best regards

Peter Lund

Best regards

Peter Lund

The post I was quoting was only referring to cargo/freight, so that's only what I searched for and addressed. The KLM non-Ms are PH-BFA, PH-BFB, PH-BFG, PH-BFL, PH-BFN. I can't find a BGL or BGM registration at all, so they must have been put out to pasture and bought by a scrap company (like AerSale) that re-registered it, or it was sold/leased under a new reg.

My bad, bad formulation, I meant BFB, BFG, BFL and BFM(which should be BFN indeed), BFA is already phased out..

sig1.png
sig2.png

My bad, bad formulation, I meant BFB, BFG, BFL and BFM(which should be BFN indeed), BFA is already phased out..

Yeah, stored at LETL. All the same, I think that's the registration used on our KLM 744.

EDIT: Also painted up BFN in the new livery.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah, stored at LETL. All the same, I think that's the registration used on our KLM 744.

EDIT: Also painted up BFN in the new livery.

What liveries then come with the combi? Only operators I know from the top of my head are KLM and I think Eva Air.

sig1.png
sig2.png

What liveries then come with the combi? Only operators I know from the top of my head are KLM and I think Eva Air.

Right now we only have it in the house livery. We'll see what Pete comes out with in the next few days.

Operators of the M (currently listed as the owner, anyway):

• Air China
  • Air France
  • Asiana Airlines
  • Dubai Air Wing / Royal Flight
  • Eaglexpress Air
  • EVA Airways
  • Kalitta Air
  • KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
  • Kuwait Airways
  • Lufthansa
  • Morocco Government
  • Philippine Airlines

Kyle Rodgers

PH-BGL and PH-BGM are not -400s, but 737-700s :smile:

Best regards

Peter Lund

Being a KLM employee myself I have to drive the bags to the airplanes on a daily bases (but most of the times I just load the AKE's in the dungeons of EHAM) I can always deduce from the registration to what sort of aircraft I will be bringing the bags, wich is very practical of course in case of sudden gate changes for example.

If we take the PH-BFL as an example - hands up now, who doesn't own it? - the KLM registration of the passenger versions is made up as follows:

PH-BFL = Post Holland (for all Dutch civilian aircraft, not just KLM)

PH-BFL = Boeing (or 'A' for Airb-, Airbu... oh come on - Airbus!  :BigGrin: )

PH-BFL = Type of Boeing (or the other one):

G: 737-700/800

C: 737-800

X: 737-800/900

F: 747-400

Q: 777-200

V: 777-300

H: 787-900

PH-BFL = Has to do with the order of purchase, so 'A' is basically purchased first. Also mostly - but not always - this is the first letter of the name of the plane, wich is 'Lima' in this case. All KLM 747's are named after city's. The 737's after birds, the 772's after interesting places/buildings, the 773's after national parcs and the 787's after flowers (and the MD-11's were named after famous women) Also - little hint for the painters out here - KLM always puts the Dutch version of the names on the left side of the airplane and the English version on the right side...  :wink:

See also https://www.planespotters.net/airline/KLM-Royal-Dutch-Airlines for all the current KLM registrations and names (but you may want to double check the names with actual photo's)

And https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/prepare_for_travel/on_board/seating_plans/index.htm for more info about the different configurations

• Upvote 6

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Being a KLM employee myself I have to drive the bags to the airplanes on a daily bases (but most of the times I just load the AKE's in the dungeons of EHAM) I can always deduce from the registration to what sort of aircraft I will be bringing the bags, wich is very practical of course in case of sudden gate changes for example.

If we take the PH-BFL as an example - hands up now, who doesn't own it? - the KLM registration of the passenger versions is made up as follows:

PH-BFL = Post Holland (for all Dutch civilian aircraft, not just KLM)

PH-BFL = Boeing (or 'A' for Airb-, Airbu... oh come on - Airbus!  :BigGrin: )

PH-BFL = Type of Boeing (or the other one):

G: 737-700/800

C: 737-800

X: 737-800/900

F: 747-400

Q: 777-200

V: 777-300

H: 787-900

PH-BFL = Has to do with the order of purchase, so 'A' is basically purchased first. Also mostly - but not always - this is the first letter of the name of the plane, wich is 'Lima' in this case. All KLM 747's are named after city's. The 737's after birds, the 772's after interesting places/buildings, the 773's after national parcs and the 787's after flowers (and the MD-11's were named after famous women) Also - little hint for the painters out here - KLM always puts the Dutch version of the names on the left side of the airplane and the English version on the right side...  :wink:

See also https://www.planespotters.net/airline/KLM-Royal-Dutch-Airlines for all the current KLM registrations and names

And https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/prepare_for_travel/on_board/seating_plans/index.htm for more info about the different configurations

Great info Robin!

Will surely help when applying that beautiful blue to the fuse then continue with all the details that finally make a finished livery.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Really digging that pic, brother, got any more?

Nice livery and plane on the way to KLAX.

szh58R.jpg

• Upvote 3

Could somebody who is on the BETA team please post a screenshot showing the KLM 747-400M perhaps?
Thanks in advance!  :smile:

Henk de Vries