Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

The Rising Sun meets the Rising Sun

Could somebody who is on the BETA team please post a screenshot showing the KLM 747-400M perhaps?

Thanks in advance!  :smile:

As I mentioned earlier, we only have it in the house livery for now. We should have liveries soon.

Kyle Rodgers

Being a KLM employee myself I have to drive the bags to the airplanes on a daily bases (but most of the times I just load the AKE's in the dungeons of EHAM) I can always deduce from the registration to what sort of aircraft I will be bringing the bags, wich is very practical of course in case of sudden gate changes for example.

If we take the PH-BFL as an example - hands up now, who doesn't own it? - the KLM registration of the passenger versions is made up as follows:

PH-BFL = Post Holland (for all Dutch civilian aircraft, not just KLM)

PH-BFL = Boeing (or 'A' for Airb-, Airbu... oh come on - Airbus!  :BigGrin: )

PH-BFL = Type of Boeing (or the other one):

G: 737-700/800

C: 737-800

X: 737-800/900

F: 747-400

Q: 777-200

V: 777-300

H: 787-900

PH-BFL = Has to do with the order of purchase, so 'A' is basically purchased first. Also mostly - but not always - this is the first letter of the name of the plane, wich is 'Lima' in this case. All KLM 747's are named after city's. The 737's after birds, the 772's after interesting places/buildings, the 773's after national parcs and the 787's after flowers (and the MD-11's were named after famous women) Also - little hint for the painters out here - KLM always puts the Dutch version of the names on the left side of the airplane and the English version on the right side...  :wink:

See also https://www.planespotters.net/airline/KLM-Royal-Dutch-Airlines for all the current KLM registrations and names (but you may want to double check the names with actual photo's)

And https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/prepare_for_travel/on_board/seating_plans/index.htm for more info about the different configurations

This works for all aircaft except Fokker 70(K** for new bought F70, W** and J** for second hand)

sig1.png
sig2.png

Great info Robin!

Will surely help when applying that beautiful blue to the fuse then continue with all the details that finally make a finished livery.

You're welcome. And thank you for all the beautiful repaints! They absolutely make the experience more immersive.

By the way: I just edited my post above and added a remark about double checking the names of the planes against actual photo's because the mentioned list is not completely accurate.

Yeah...we at EHAM just absolutely love having the Blues...  B)

Hey Kyle,

One of the great things (and possibly the best) of flightsimming is that we get to fly them, regardless if they are all but Coke® cans now. I just painted an Air Pacific 747 that suffered the same fate, but I'll be flying her from KLAX to Fiji this weekend. :smile:

After KLM just recently had it's last iconic 747-flight to TNCM (St. Maarten) I immidiately flew my own KLM 747 right back to TNCM, as sort of a "Welcome Back to St. Maarten" flight  ^_^

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Awesome shots Michael! Can we see Polar Air Cargo?

Climbing thru 16000 for FL340.

pfhfKr.jpg

• Upvote 4

Lovely pics. Any chance to see a Cargolux 744F?

I don't have the Cargolux livery installed. All I haven't shown of what I have installed is UPS and Cathay Pacific bare metal.
  • Upvote 1

These are the last two liveries I have installed. Any other livery needs to come from another Beta team member. Sorry.

CPA at VHHH.

I2ZeZb.jpg

UPS enroute from KSDF to PANC.

TUGaOv.jpg

• Upvote 5

I don't have the Cargolux livery installed. All I haven't shown of what I have installed is UPS and Cathay Pacific bare metal.

Thanks anyway. I can't wait to fly it!

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

These are the last two liveries I have installed. Any other livery needs to come from another Beta team member. Sorry.
CPA at VHHH.

Thanks for the screens Michael!

I'll be giving you guys all those liveries as well.  I'll vary the registration of course, there should be no shortage of liveries to fly with this great bird!

Heads up for the PMDG painter....

Here is a link to a post I made when I was painting UPS on the PMDG 777F:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/445438-pmdg-ups-777/?p=3020525

The DAX font is readily available for free, and its "almost" spot on for the UPS font (The "d" and "S" are always tricky, but mods needed with this font)

The goofy "g" is always the kicker, but I mention how to get that pretty close in the post above.  :wink:

Can't wait to get this bird in my paint hangar!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Too bad no payware quality SDF scenery, that would fit nicely with this release and the UPS repaint. Thanks for sharing Michael I really really like the Polar and Atlas especially! Picked up their JustPlanes dvd for each years ago and still re-watch them about once a year. - David Lee

Too bad no payware quality SDF scenery, that would fit nicely with this release and the UPS repaint.

Totally agree David.

I was so wanting to pull my UPS freighter into a dedicated cargo facility, and I kind'a lost my mind in this pic:  :Whistle:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498945-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other/?p=3519772

Imagine if I had a proper freighter (F or BCF, UPS flies both) to put these textures on.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Right now we only have it in the house livery. We'll see what Pete comes out with in the next few days.

Operators of the M (currently listed as the owner, anyway):

• Air China
  • Air France
  • Asiana Airlines
  • Dubai Air Wing / Royal Flight
  • Eaglexpress Air
  • EVA Airways
  • Kalitta Air
  • KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
  • Kuwait Airways
  • Lufthansa
  • Morocco Government
  • Philippine Airlines

Lufthansa doesn't fly the M variant. Never has.

More airlines on that list dont operate the M, but probably bought one or more in a desert just for spare parts.

sig1.png
sig2.png

I respectfully disagree. They have flown the combi version, they may not have used the SCD alot, but it´s still a combi

http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8314973

On Airliners.net there is a picture of D-ABTA that is taped up in Hamburg where the SCD can be seen clearly (due the tape).

Best regards

Peter Lund

Best regards

Peter Lund

Hmm...might want to have a look back at your information since they only retired them a few years ago:

Registration, Type, CN, LN, Notes
D-ABTA, B744M, 24285, 747, Delivered directly to DLH 19.09.1989 - Withdrawn 30.10.2012 (Stored intermittently, currently broken up) 
D-ABTB, B744M, 24286, 749, Delivered directly to DLH 22.12.1989 - Withdrawn 28.08.2012 (Currently broken up) 
D-ABTC, B744M, 24287, 754, Delivered directly to DLH 03.02.1990 - Withdrawn 24.07.2012 (Currently broken up)
D-ABTD, B744M, 24715, 785, Delivered directly to DLH 23.04.1991 - Withdrawn 17.04.2013 (Condor from 1993-1996; currently stored in KMHV)
D-ABTE, B744M, 24966, 846, Delivered directly to DLH 13.04.1991 - Sold on 30.05.2013 to Kalitta.
D-ABTF, B744M, 24967, 848, Delivered directly to DLH 27.04.1990 - Withdrawn 11.12.2014 (Stored at KMHV)
D-ABTH, B744M, 25047, 856, Delivered directly to DLH 05.06.1991 - Withdrawn 18.11.2016 (Stored at KMHV)

More airlines on that list dont operate the M, but probably bought one or more in a desert just for spare parts.

Some on that list purchased for parts, yes, but most of them at one point operated them.

Kyle Rodgers