Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Aerosoft US Cities San Francisco X with FTX Northern California issues with frame rate..

Is there a trick to getting good performance with the NCA + aerosoft combination?  Aerosoft by itself with the NCA entries disabled along with disabling all "extreme" bgls from aerosoft can give decent performance of say 39 fps, then with rain clouds, drops to as low as 24-26 in spots.. however..

if i enable all NCA entries (making sure san fran is above these in the scenery library), things get really bad.. talking 14-24 on average with the same situation.

I also think i read there may be other things i can disable in the aerosoft scenery folder, but forget which bgls etc..

Any experiences with these?

Thanks

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Is there a trick to getting good performance with the NCA + aerosoft combination?  Aerosoft by itself with the NCA entries disabled along with disabling all "extreme" bgls from aerosoft can give decent performance of say 39 fps, then with rain clouds, drops to as low as 24-26 in spots.. however..

if i enable all NCA entries (making sure san fran is above these in the scenery library), things get really bad.. talking 14-24 on average with the same situation.

I also think i read there may be other things i can disable in the aerosoft scenery folder, but forget which bgls etc..

Any experiences with these?

Thanks

Check out the Aerosoft forums i think there were some tips ho to get downtown SFO to work. I had probs with LA back in the days of FSX i had to disable the roads and/or car traffic to get better frames.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I would say no. You have to decide either NCA or AS Products. The same is  true when you want to use NCA or SCA together with KSFO (FB) or KLAX (FSDT) and a PMDG bird.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I would say no. You have to decide either NCA or AS Products. The same is  true when you want to use NCA or SCA together with KSFO (FB) or KLAX (FSDT) and a PMDG bird.

Basically it boiled down to this with heavy weather / rain:

With NCA on then US Cities X enabled but nothing disabled under the aerosoft folder..   29 fps paused 

Then if i disable the "extreme" bgls in the aerosoft scenery directory, i can hit 39 fps paused..

Then leaving extreme disabled and turning off NCA entries i'm around 55 fps paused all things held equal.

I went through some of the orbx scenery entries for NCA, the ones related to the san fran area, but unless i didnt disable the right ones, it really made no difference.. i did confirm that its mainly the "scenery" entry for NCA that drags the fps down.

I think with disabling the extreme entries its passable for now.. though i'm pretty sure i read before there was something else that could be tweaked at least orbx wise to make it better in this region with both.

It looks alot better with both enabled to say the least.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

enable all NCA entries

enable all NCA entries

... i did confirm that its mainly the "scenery" entry for NCA that drags the fps down.

I think with disabling the extreme entries its passable for now.. though i'm pretty sure i read before there was something else that could be tweaked at least orbx wise to make it better in this region with both.

It looks alot better with both enabled to say the least.

I think the the bottom line here is that Orbx's Northern California...sliders to the right, brings our PCs to its knees, no matter what hardware we have, or configured …

... Excluding Rob and the like's sweet-multi-thousand-buck-rigs(comfortably estimated northward of $4500)

…how many developers, or should I say,who, at Orbx actually got ("decent frame rates" *);

...with an NGX

.... using Orbx's NCA,

...... and flying over Northern California's KSFO?

I'd love to know.

Chas

* who's definition is admittedly super subjective; but I think everyone will agree that, we have yet to set an agreed-upon general visual requirement of any simulation, except that it needs to be "at least as believable as a 24 frame per second movie"

C

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2