Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

A way to run XP11 in a window then stretch across 3 screens and maximize without Nvidia Surround?

In P3D you can take the main window, turn it into a window.. then expand that to most of the 3 LCD screens then hit alt + enter to maximize to full screen.. ala nvidia surround without the need to enable it..

Is there some way to do this with XP11?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, though i'm guessing this isnt possible.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Take a look at x-plane.org, in the XP-11 section under Rendering FPS and Hardware settings and then look for multi-monitor. You may find all your answers there. Few of us have been banging the keyboards with various suggestions.  So far I am happy with it, but always room for adjustment.

Link:  http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/309-x-plane-11-beta/

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Yes you can enter a custom resolution and it will stretch automatically across your monitors. You can do this in full screen too. You just enter a combined resolution of your three monitors and you're done.

I use an Ultrawide and a widescreen monitor with a combined resolution of 4480x1080.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

i read somewhere x-plane 11 will support resolutions up to 16k that don't even exist yet.full screen and windowed mode,far-fetched right now but who knows in 5 years.

Yes you can enter a custom resolution and it will stretch automatically across your monitors. You can do this in full screen too. You just enter a combined resolution of your three monitors and you're done.

I use an Ultrawide and a widescreen monitor with a combined resolution of 4480x1080.

I have three screens at 1920x1080 each, so i entered the custom resolution of 5760x1080 with full screen simulator.. and it only goes full screen across my right two screens for some reason.. the left one remains in desktop view.  Not sure why just yet.

Update:

I had main monitor as the simulator of the 3 choices, monitor 1, main and 2.. if i move full screen simulator to monitor one with the custom resolution and the other two as "unused" then it works..  unsure if i need anything set on those other two just yet, but the main sim is working now.

**I had to set the fov to something like 115 to look more accurate.. not sure if this is the right fov for this width or not.. basically it puts the bottom of the screen just about halfway in the second row of gauges 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: