Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

All Carenado FS9 products 80% off

I know this should be posted on the Bargain forum but I thought FS9'ers might particularly want to know that all Carenado's FS9 products are 80% off at SimMarket. I just got their Beech Mentor for $4.24 and plan to go back for more later this evening

These are among the best GA aircraft developed for FS9 selling at a fraction of their original price. Let the feeding frenzy begin! :Party:
Cheers

Ian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for this.  I've never been a big fan of Carenado products but I might just get the Piper Arrow considering the bargain price.

Dijvid

I'm thinking about the Baron and the King Air. Can anyone tell me if they're as heavy on the frames as the Caravan was? If so, it's no deal for me. I own pretty well every Carenado plane but unfortunately the Caravan  stays in the hangar because it's a little stuttery.

Hi Dijvid,

Just a word of caution - I bought the Arrow when it first came out and the flight model was appalling - now they may have fixed it over the years - but it was terrible even by Carenado standards... A plane I liked produced around the same time frame was the 201 Mooney - seemed to fly well and work properly - that would be a better purchase in my book... I spent a considerable amount of time in her...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

Ian, great call! I was thinking only last week that I needed the V-tail Bonanza. I had it but lost it somewhere along the line. I also need to get the Piper Archer II!

I echo Scott's warning about the Arrow. I purchased four aircraft and the Arrow is the only one I regret. The flight modelling is very poor. I'm hoping to find a fix otherwise I will be dumping it. Of all that I got, my absolute favorite is the T34A Mentor. Loads of period "character" and fun to fly.... The Cessna 206 is very good too as is the Mooney M20....

Yeah, I'm thinking of the Mooney, and maybe the C-182RG; what about their 172? The Reviews I've read say it's tons better than the Default one...

Alan  :smile:

Yep Ian - concur on the 206 as well... I converted a great FSX paint I found for the 206 - Era Alaska - back to FS9 for - it looked great - even took a screenshot - years ago...

fsscr010_zps9038e411.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

Did you ever Upload that texture anywhere? Sure looks good!

Just my opinion, but I think the 206 is one of the best FS add ons out there, regardless of Platform!

Hi Alan,

Yeah - sorry - can't - it's someone else's fine artwork that I found in the library - I merely flipped the textures and converted them to FS9 format - the models for FSX and FS9 are mapped the same... Anyone can do it - just take a look at your FS9 texture layout and use something like ConvImX to perform the file conversion - as it reads/writes both FS9 and FSX formats...

Regards,

Scott

Hmmmm, okay. If you search under "all FS2004 files" and "Carenado" you'll find it on the second page. What I didn't see was the comment by the author that it was an old unfinished version and he was working on a new one. It might be still worth a try I dunno,

Bought 4 a/c today.

KIng Air

Centurion Skymaster

Grand Caravan

Takes my Carenedo hangar to 7 a/c

The C337 is fantastic followed by the King Air

Robert,

Nice choices! If you wouldn't mind, please let us know if you feel there's a big difference in Frame rate flying the Caravan compared to the King Air.. There were a couple folks that were interested...

Thanks!

For what it's worth Alan, I never bonded with the Carenado Caravan in FS9. I think it was the first of the models where they figured out a way to port them from FSX to FS9... I'm not sure at this point why I was disappointed but it disappeared from my hangar after a fairly short trial.... It may be just a personal thing so I don't want to say "don't buy it" and at the current price, it's not really an issue anyway as if you don't like it all you've spent is about as much as you'd spend on a sandwich and a cup of coffee.... A pretty cheapo sandwich and coffee too so the Caravan would definitely be the healthier choice! LOL

Cheers

Ian

Ian,

I've heard (and read) similar things about the 'Van from other Sources. I totally agree with you; at these Prices, it's worth a try. Personally, I've got my eye on the Mooney, the 182 RG and possibly the 172.

Sometimes, a cheapo sandwich and a cup of Joe turns out to be a great deal; sometimes, it isn't.

For me the Caravan works fine fps wise. King Air and Cessna 337 are the worst fps eaters.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - dusting the cobwebs off of my memories - the Caravan was another plane - I couldn't get to fly even close to the numbers - if I recall the approach speed you have to maintain is quite unrealistically high... I'm really not a rivet counter and just ballpark performance is all I'm looking for - not PMDG performance - but it needs to be in the ballpark...

The 182RG was good and I enjoyed it...

Funny - the original Cherokee - had a great flight model - to me - seemed to capture perfectly the essence of that little balancing act a pilot goes through in the flare to transition from flight to the ground roll better than any other plane... Through all my FS1-FS9/FSX/P3D experiences with countless vendors - that has never been surpassed - they nailed it... That's what so darn frustrating about Carenado - they could do it right when they wanted to...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

Overall, I've been happy with my Carenado purchases, especially when they're discounted during the Holidays!

The only one I haven't really run through its paces is the 337, and that's just because I have so much fun with Stoney's version!

The only thing I find 'lacking' with my most recent Purchases is [don't hurt me] the lack of a 2D Panel, but it's a minor inconvenience since I have a good MiniPanel...

It's the Mooney and 182RG for sure; now, just have to decide... 172 (Std. & Ski), Cherokee, or something else?

Hmmmm...

The FDE fix I found on here worked for the Arrow. The nose-wheel no longer bounces up and down when taxiing and general feel of the airplane fits what I would imagine. The only comparable aircraft I've flown in the real world was the Commander 112, though I have a lot of time in variations on the Cherokee so can't be sure but it's at least flyable now. Am definitely enjoying the 206 and Mooney M20 and now no regrets for the Arrow.

Carenado don't seem very receptive to feedback on weaknesses in their products. Several years ago I got their C185 Bush version and it had several handling problems including incorrect contact points because they didn't take account for the balloon tires on the Bush version.. I have around 1500  hours in the RW airplane and the tweaks were a major improvement but they made no changes to their installer and seemed totally uninterested in my feedback, even in fixing the contact points.... Seems an odd thing to put so much time and effort into the visual model and be so disinterested in how the thing actually flies....

Cheers

Ian

Several years ago I got their C185 Bush version and it had several handling problems including incorrect contact points because they didn't take account for the balloon tires on the Bush version.. I have around 1500  hours in the RW airplane and the tweaks were a major improvement

Ian, are your tweaks available in the Library?  If not, would you mind sharing?

Cheers

Greg

I only tried the 208 for a very short time so can't comment.

The others are great. I hope the Caravan is useable. I want to try some stevo1kenevo style flying down Florida way.

The Caravan is very usable despite being a wee bit heavy on frame rates.  It would have been nice to also have a FS9 version of their Super Cargomaster model.    

Greg