Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

All Carenado FS9 products 80% off

I know this should be posted on the Bargain forum but I thought FS9'ers might particularly want to know that all Carenado's FS9 products are 80% off at SimMarket. I just got their Beech Mentor for $4.24 and plan to go back for more later this evening

These are among the best GA aircraft developed for FS9 selling at a fraction of their original price. Let the feeding frenzy begin! :Party:
Cheers

Ian

Thanks for this.  I've never been a big fan of Carenado products but I might just get the Piper Arrow considering the bargain price.

Dijvid

I'm thinking about the Baron and the King Air. Can anyone tell me if they're as heavy on the frames as the Caravan was? If so, it's no deal for me. I own pretty well every Carenado plane but unfortunately the Caravan  stays in the hangar because it's a little stuttery.

Hi Dijvid,

Just a word of caution - I bought the Arrow when it first came out and the flight model was appalling - now they may have fixed it over the years - but it was terrible even by Carenado standards... A plane I liked produced around the same time frame was the 201 Mooney - seemed to fly well and work properly - that would be a better purchase in my book... I spent a considerable amount of time in her...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Ian, great call! I was thinking only last week that I needed the V-tail Bonanza. I had it but lost it somewhere along the line. I also need to get the Piper Archer II!

I echo Scott's warning about the Arrow. I purchased four aircraft and the Arrow is the only one I regret. The flight modelling is very poor. I'm hoping to find a fix otherwise I will be dumping it. Of all that I got, my absolute favorite is the T34A Mentor. Loads of period "character" and fun to fly.... The Cessna 206 is very good too as is the Mooney M20....

Yeah, I'm thinking of the Mooney, and maybe the C-182RG; what about their 172? The Reviews I've read say it's tons better than the Default one...

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Yep Ian - concur on the 206 as well... I converted a great FSX paint I found for the 206 - Era Alaska - back to FS9 for - it looked great - even took a screenshot - years ago...

fsscr010_zps9038e411.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

Did you ever Upload that texture anywhere? Sure looks good!

Just my opinion, but I think the 206 is one of the best FS add ons out there, regardless of Platform!

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Hi Alan,

Yeah - sorry - can't - it's someone else's fine artwork that I found in the library - I merely flipped the textures and converted them to FS9 format - the models for FSX and FS9 are mapped the same... Anyone can do it - just take a look at your FS9 texture layout and use something like ConvImX to perform the file conversion - as it reads/writes both FS9 and FSX formats...

Regards,

Scott

Hmmmm, okay. If you search under "all FS2004 files" and "Carenado" you'll find it on the second page. What I didn't see was the comment by the author that it was an old unfinished version and he was working on a new one. It might be still worth a try I dunno,

Bought 4 a/c today.

KIng Air

Centurion Skymaster

Grand Caravan

Takes my Carenedo hangar to 7 a/c

The C337 is fantastic followed by the King Air