Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

All Carenado FS9 products 80% off

Robert,

Nice choices! If you wouldn't mind, please let us know if you feel there's a big difference in Frame rate flying the Caravan compared to the King Air.. There were a couple folks that were interested...

Thanks!

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

For what it's worth Alan, I never bonded with the Carenado Caravan in FS9. I think it was the first of the models where they figured out a way to port them from FSX to FS9... I'm not sure at this point why I was disappointed but it disappeared from my hangar after a fairly short trial.... It may be just a personal thing so I don't want to say "don't buy it" and at the current price, it's not really an issue anyway as if you don't like it all you've spent is about as much as you'd spend on a sandwich and a cup of coffee.... A pretty cheapo sandwich and coffee too so the Caravan would definitely be the healthier choice! LOL

Cheers

Ian

Ian,

I've heard (and read) similar things about the 'Van from other Sources. I totally agree with you; at these Prices, it's worth a try. Personally, I've got my eye on the Mooney, the 182 RG and possibly the 172.

Sometimes, a cheapo sandwich and a cup of Joe turns out to be a great deal; sometimes, it isn't.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

For me the Caravan works fine fps wise. King Air and Cessna 337 are the worst fps eaters.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - dusting the cobwebs off of my memories - the Caravan was another plane - I couldn't get to fly even close to the numbers - if I recall the approach speed you have to maintain is quite unrealistically high... I'm really not a rivet counter and just ballpark performance is all I'm looking for - not PMDG performance - but it needs to be in the ballpark...

The 182RG was good and I enjoyed it...

Funny - the original Cherokee - had a great flight model - to me - seemed to capture perfectly the essence of that little balancing act a pilot goes through in the flare to transition from flight to the ground roll better than any other plane... Through all my FS1-FS9/FSX/P3D experiences with countless vendors - that has never been surpassed - they nailed it... That's what so darn frustrating about Carenado - they could do it right when they wanted to...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Overall, I've been happy with my Carenado purchases, especially when they're discounted during the Holidays!

The only one I haven't really run through its paces is the 337, and that's just because I have so much fun with Stoney's version!

The only thing I find 'lacking' with my most recent Purchases is [don't hurt me] the lack of a 2D Panel, but it's a minor inconvenience since I have a good MiniPanel...

It's the Mooney and 182RG for sure; now, just have to decide... 172 (Std. & Ski), Cherokee, or something else?

Hmmmm...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

The FDE fix I found on here worked for the Arrow. The nose-wheel no longer bounces up and down when taxiing and general feel of the airplane fits what I would imagine. The only comparable aircraft I've flown in the real world was the Commander 112, though I have a lot of time in variations on the Cherokee so can't be sure but it's at least flyable now. Am definitely enjoying the 206 and Mooney M20 and now no regrets for the Arrow.

Carenado don't seem very receptive to feedback on weaknesses in their products. Several years ago I got their C185 Bush version and it had several handling problems including incorrect contact points because they didn't take account for the balloon tires on the Bush version.. I have around 1500  hours in the RW airplane and the tweaks were a major improvement but they made no changes to their installer and seemed totally uninterested in my feedback, even in fixing the contact points.... Seems an odd thing to put so much time and effort into the visual model and be so disinterested in how the thing actually flies....

Cheers

Ian

Several years ago I got their C185 Bush version and it had several handling problems including incorrect contact points because they didn't take account for the balloon tires on the Bush version.. I have around 1500  hours in the RW airplane and the tweaks were a major improvement

Ian, are your tweaks available in the Library?  If not, would you mind sharing?

Cheers

Greg

I only tried the 208 for a very short time so can't comment.

The others are great. I hope the Caravan is useable. I want to try some stevo1kenevo style flying down Florida way.

The Caravan is very usable despite being a wee bit heavy on frame rates.  It would have been nice to also have a FS9 version of their Super Cargomaster model.    

Greg

Well, I took the plunge, and got both the Mooney and the 182 RG. After commiserating about the 172, I decided to go way outside the box, and went with the FSD International Commander 115TC.

Haven't purchased anything from FSD before, but it was an easy Transaction...

Looking forward to trying out all 3!

Thanks to everyone for the Suggestions!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

How does the FSD Cessna 337 compare to the Carenado offering? I love that plane but can't really fly it due to frame rate issues. And I forgot all about the FSD Porter, had my eye on it for a loooong time ... how does it feel?

Edit: Couldn't resist and bought the FSD Cessna 337. At $19.95 for 3 versions it seems a very fair price!

Sasha

How do you find the 337?  Personally, it wasn't to my liking but I can't remember why now as it was a very long time ago.

The Porter is a different matter though.  It's an absolutely fantastic model by FSD.

Dijvid

I like the FSD 337/O2A except it doesn't work well with GoFlight controls... But it's an excellent addon. The Porter is OUTSTANDING - an amazing product that is still state of the art after all these years.... The Porter plus Aerosoft's Lukla scenery or the Courcheval French alps sloping airports is a combination guaranteed to get your pulse pounding...