Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

All Carenado FS9 products 80% off

Haven't had time to fly the Cessna 337 yet but purchase and installation was very easy, actually to separate downloads and installations for the 337 and the 02A. You get unlimited downloads but only 2 activations, I think. Will try to get a flight in this night...

Hi Folks,

Hah - the FSD Porter is great - AS has a new one in the oven that looks incredible... My earliest screenshots saved on photobucket... I liked the plane...

Ever noticed the opening footage of "Air America" with the Porter landing on the mountain top ?

P3.jpg

P6.jpg

3_catching_plane.jpg

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

AS has a new one in the oven that looks incredible...

Sorry, can't figure out what AS is right now ;) Amazing manoeuver in that photo. I always thought skydiving drops were supposed to be safe ...

Scott - remind me not to go flying with you in real life!!!! LOL But it is nice of you to give the skydivers some company on their way down...

That shot reminds me of a RW incident when I was instructing. I was giving a lesson on full-stall, wing drop, incipient spin situation as the student had already been checked off on basic stalls. When it was time to recover he jammed the throttle full forward, the stick FULL FORWARD and then HE FROZE. He would not let go. We were vertical and about ready to go negative G with airspeed and RPM way over the red line before I was able to punch him enough to get him to finally let go.... Afterwards I spoke to the (female) instructor who had checked him out on basic stalls. "Oh yes," she said. "He did that to me too. But he let go when he heard me scream!" I nearly strangled her!!!!!! Needless to say, that guy was banned from any more lessons....

(And when I say "punch him" I really mean PUNCH HIM. It was the only way I could get him to let the controls go. I didn't scream at him - maybe it would have worked but as a guy, punching seemed the more natural response...)

Hi Sascha,

Oh - sorry - AS is Aerosoft - the guy who made their award winning Katana has been working on the Porter for the past few years - the pix look incredible - obviously it's not for FS9 though...

Hi Ian,

Hah - wow - that's serious - I've heard about situations like that - many CFI's say the students are just trying to kill them... I had one CFI that always seemed a little nervous with students ( LOL - maybe it was just me) - he was an excellent pilot but he was a bit jumpy - hit a few bumps and he was reaching for the controls... His day job was a Junior High School teacher in Newark NJ - as you may imagine - he wasn't a very "happy" person and it showed - he HATED his day job...  The guy who I have the most hours with was a Lear 35 freight dog out of Bradley CT - absolutely nothing would phase him - the wings could have fallen off and with the plane on fire - I doubt if he would have even raised an eyebrow - LOL - I liked him much better...

As far as the skydiving goes - I do that as well but not like those guys... There is a video on YouTube with the Porter where the guy jumps out - the Porter goes into a vertical dive with the prop in beta - and the skydiver flies back into the open door of the Porter... Completely crazy but amazing... For the record - the above illustration is prohibited in the Porter POH (using beta in flight) but it does illustrate just what a capable plane it is... It has to be the - ultimate - bush plane...

Regards,

Scott 

Well, I took the C-182 RG and Mooney M20 (FS9) up for a spin around the 'patch this Morning...

I found that both of them fly very nicely... both fast, and easy to land. They are quite forgiving on the Frame rates. I was also pleased to see that both of them were equipped with 2D Panels, which for me is a real plus.

If they're still on Sale, I would suggest grabbing both of these & adding them to your Hangar. They're a steal at that Price!

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Yep Ian - concur on the 206 as well... I converted a great FSX paint I found for the 206 - Era Alaska - back to FS9 for - it looked great - even took a screenshot - years ago...

fsscr010_zps9038e411.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Can FSX textures for the C90 model be used on the FS9 model? I haven't seen many FS9 C90 textures, but I have seen FSX for that plane.

Well I tried the FSD Cessna 337, and of course the quality of the texturing can't keep up with the Carenda model. But the model itself is quite good and the overall immersion is also very good because the VC panel itself is very well done which draws attention away from the lowres interior. The flight model is unsurprisingly superior to Carenado's although I have no idea how it is supposed to fly by the numbers and only took it for a brief circuit. But handled beautiful in all stages of flight.

If I had to rank my Carenado planes ( I think I now have the lot) my favorites would be

1.  both Cessnas182 (RG and Q) AND the Bonanza F33 and Mooney 20J. Maybe the RG in absolute first place, I fly it more often than any other, but all are superb.

2. Mentor

3. Pipers Cherokee 180 and Archer II

4. Grand Caravan, Piper Seneca and Cessna 152

Can't sort in the King Air C90, it's a brilliant model but just so hard on fps in my system.

Likewise the 180F Skywagon, it's great but somehow I don't fly it at all.

Cessna 172 is a bit dated but fun to fly, especially the float version.

The sale is still on so I urge everyone to get their favorites now!

Hi Joseph,

I would think the mappings are the same - I don't think Carenado makes many changes between the two sims...

Here is a link to a tutorial I wrote years ago on converting paints - this was for the Coolsky Mad Dog - which used the Dream Manager software - so you can just ignore the part about making one big texture - you just need to flip and convert... Once you figure it out - you can do the conversions in 5 minutes or so... It's not hard...

http://s80.flight1.net/forums/convert-paints-from-fsx-pro-to-fs9-classic_topic5138.html

I know this is a Carenado thread - but you guys know the best GA planes for FS9 are the (4) Dreamfleet aircraft - Bonanza, Baron, Archer, and Dakota - providing you're still on Win7 ???

And my absolute favorite FS9 aircraft - the DA Cheyenne... Hah - now take this recommendation with a grain of salt as I recall touting it to Ian but I don't think he cared for it... Me - I've flown the wings off it in FS9, FSX, and now P3D...

FS9 Screenshot

enb2010_12_4_16_42_42.jpg

P3D Screenshot

Prepar3D%202016-02-14%2021-32-51_zpsnbzm

Regards,

Scott

I know this is a Carenado thread - but you guys know the best GA planes for FS9 are the (4) Dreamfleet aircraft - Bonanza, Baron, Archer, and Dakota - providing you're still on Win7 ???

Couldn't agree more!  I've spent eons of time modifying the Bonanza to my own requirements and it's the aircraft I fly 99% of the time now.

Dijvid

Hi Joseph,

Hi Scott

I completely forgot that Dreamfleet did the Piper Dakota.  It's quite pricey now for us Brits as the $/£ exchange rate is not in our favour.  Are there any points about the aircraft that you don't like?  Just might consider buying it.

Dijvid

Hi Dijvid,

Yeah - like you - I had modded all my Dreamfleet aircraft with the newer payware RXP gauge and instrument packs that were 64 bit OS compatible...

As for the Dakota - it was the last plane that Lou made and was a great package - LOL - he had a vested interest in making it well since it was his own personal aircraft... I used to see it all the time @KMGJ - I think he was based out of Morristown NJ... He subsequently sold the Dakota and bought a pressurized Centurion for better speed and longer legs...

So - off the shelf - you might have to swap the gauges on the Dakota if you have a 64 bit OS... The other unknown is if you have Win10 - the Flight1 wrapper may not be compatible but Flight1 has a 30 day money back guarantee if you care to try it.... Actually - if you download it - you'll know if the wrapper has been upgraded before you purchase it...

So - it might take a little money and effort - if you want the ultimate FS Dakota...

Hi Neil,

Hah - nice seeing you on this side of the fence - hope it helps...

Regards,
Scott

So I've always wanted a nice version of the Cessna 310, and Dreamfleet has one available.

Are they any different to deal with, like Installation and so forth? The Flight1 stuff always seemed daunting to me!

Sounds like they make great flying Airplanes...

Alan  :Raised Eyebrow:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Hi Alan,

The Bonanza was my first DF plane - while I bought all the subsequent works - I didn't buy any of the previous works... The C310 falls into the previous catagory - so I have no knowledge of it... If you still have a 32 bit OS - everything should install and work just fine - 64 bit Win 7 and Win 10 is where it's going to require more work to make it work... If you're still using FS9 - it's worth the effort and expense in my book... The most economical way to do this - is to buy the "lite" versions of the aircraft that offer this option - then buy the (3) RXP packs that are 64 bit compatible - Flightline T, Flightline N, and the appropriate GNS GPS for the plane... Then go swap out all the gauges on each panel you are working on... Just know going in - this will require a substantial effort and expense if you don't already own the gauges... These planes were all produced when XP was king... They're still better than Carenado (FDE/Instruments)  if you care to be bothered to do all the work and cover the expense - but - that's a decision only you can make... Wish it was easier - but as you may have guessed that's where we are with FS9... All these issues are what really pushed me into P3D...

OBTW - if/when you ever jump to FSX/P3D - the MilViz C310 is my favorite light twin and extremely well done...

Regards,
Scott