desrsybfdv6akdlvl.jpg

desrt5y93l7nd5wch.jpg

desrtd7vz3z2c01kx.jpg

dessktmyq142000sh.jpg

dessl42n8oyxfbdhd.jpg

dessnwoxccw1jqz9d.jpg

dessw86f22mzrrf29.jpg

Great shots!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Picture #13, 14 show that atmospheric glow that you see in concentrations of lite!

HLJAMES

Guest Mik75

Thanks for commenting, guys!

X-Plane never had better /more realistic looking clouds and skies, in my opinion!

Its a beautiful thing Mike - wait till they finish that lengthy road map -  I think they are very talented developers and have a huge passion for making it a super product

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Its a beautiful thing Mike - wait till they finish that lengthy road map - I think they are very talented developers and have a huge passion for making it a super product

Absolutely, Rich!

If they add cloud shadows, maybe some nice god rays, and get rid of the sharp and flickering edges on hills and mountains, it will be a true game changer.

Even in its current state, it creates beautiful skies and clouds with such a wide variety, I've never seen in X-Plane before! The rain and snow effects are extremely well done as well!

Totally agree - real looking cloud scapes is a winner with me - look so real

Rich Sennett

Agree, I am getting used to it. Although I was (and still am) skeptical about a couple of things. Let them do their homework.

Hans

Guest Mik75

For me, the sharp edges of thin cloud layers and that flickering around hills and mountains is the worst immersion killer! I hope that will be resolved quite soon!

I do not regret that I bought it, it just amazes me on every single flight!!

Guest Mik75

It's worth noting that fps never went below 25 in any situation shown above. So another strong point of xEnviro is the very good and stable performance.

Performance is excellent for me too.  I would actually be willing to trade a little performance for an increase in cloud resolution.  A slider or resolution tick boxes (512, 1024, etc.) would be a great solution.  Flying low and slow in less complex aircraft you could increase resolution and then decrease it for high altitude flight.

It's worth noting that fps never went below 25 in any situation shown above. So another strong point of xEnviro is the very good and stable performance.

Ryan

Guest Mik75

Performance is excellent for me too.  I would actually be willing to trade a little performance for an increase in cloud resolution.  A slider or resolution tick boxes (512, 1024, etc.) would be a great solution.  Flying low and slow in less complex aircraft you could increase resolution and then decrease it for high altitude flight.

Yes, that's a good idea. Let's wait and see what future updates will bring.

But concerning the pics, and this goes out to the seasoned XP simmers in particular, have you ever seen more realistic clouds (atmospheric effects and skies) in X-Plane before?

I mean v9 with REX is quite nice. But I really think that, despite all it's problems (in the current state), xEnviro does the best job in representing weather in XP so far.

But concerning the pics, and this goes out to the seasoned XP simmers in particular, have you ever seen more realistic clouds (atmospheric effects and skies) in X-Plane before?
I mean v9 with REX is quite nice. But I really think that, despite all it's problems (in the current state), xEnviro does the best job in representing weather in XP so far.

To the above quote:

Hello everyone. First off, I don't have xplane at this time. Waiting for the final release to 11, then will most likely check it out.

I would like to comment on XEnviro. Granted, this is based on the screenshots and videos I have seen.

As a real world pilot flying B737's for a living, with 10's of thousands of hours; I have never in flight sim seen a more accurate depiction as I see out of the window than Xenviro.

Yes, I understand the resolution may be low, as well as other issues pointed out to the devs.  I believe they will get them fixed soon enough.

I will also say, in real world flying, the clouds don't always have a sharp resolution at all. Sometimes they are just out of focus hazy blobs. I believe Xenviro is capturing this look as well as fairly accurate skies as well.

Finally, the recent streaming video posted were they shot the ILS, was very realistic looking. With the breaking in and out of the scud layers till the runway was finally visible, looked very real to me. As I have seen it many times on my approaches. I look forward to the many future enhancements of Xennviro. From this real world pilot's limited viewpoint, they have done quite well indeed!

Thanks for your time.

Best,

David

• Upvote 6

Thanks for your time.

Best,

David

Hi Dave

737 pilot Awesome - enjoyed your post - well said  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

To the above quote:

Hello everyone. First off, I don't have xplane at this time. Waiting for the final release to 11, then will most likely check it out.

I would like to comment on XEnviro. Granted, this is based on the screenshots and videos I have seen.

As a real world pilot flying B737's for a living, with 10's of thousands of hours; I have never in flight sim seen a more accurate depiction as I see out of the window than Xenviro.

Yes, I understand the resolution may be low, as well as other issues pointed out to the devs.  I believe they will get them fixed soon enough.

I will also say, in real world flying, the clouds don't always have a sharp resolution at all. Sometimes they are just out of focus hazy blobs. I believe Xenviro is capturing this look as well as fairly accurate skies as well.

Finally, the recent streaming video posted were they shot the ILS, was very realistic looking. With the breaking in and out of the scud layers till the runway was finally visible, looked very real to me. As I have seen it many times on my approaches. I look forward to the many future enhancements of Xennviro. From this real world pilot's limited viewpoint, they have done quite well indeed!

Thanks for your time.

Best,

David

Thanks a lot for stoppin´ by and commenting!

And I absolutely agree with what you write! ;-)