Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

What do you folks think about this system for P3d and FSX-SE

Been running an Enermax Galaxy 1000 watt PSU for over 20 years. Came with enough cables for ten machines. In short you often get what you pay for, hopefully, I guess!

Best

BaldyB

I recommend spending some time shopping around for components. MicroCenter is good but I would also check Amazon and Newegg. When I built my computer 3 years ago, I purchased parts from each outlet and saved a lot of money that way. This year I am upgrading my GPU and CPU cooler and just bought a GTX 1070 on Amazon for less than $400. Prices fluctuate more dramatically than the stock market, so I would be patient.

I have recently returned to the hobby after a 2-year hiatus, and with a fresh re-install of FSX in a brand new rig right off the shelf from Micro Center, itemized below. All is working well as I begin the process of installing the few essentials I need for my airline-heavy, VATSIM flying. Having stepped away, my add-on perspective is much different now. I no longer feel compelled to get everything people recommend. A smooth flight model is the desired goal. Nothing quite like clicking off the autopilot on short final and hand flying the aircraft to the runway with a smooth, stutter-free performance.

Best, and Happy Holidays,

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I recommend spending some time shopping around for components. MicroCenter is good but I would also check Amazon and Newegg.

Agree. However the difference is if you are building it yourself or having them build it for you.  I have build several systems in the past, but none that I built myself had liquid cooling, etc. I got very competitive prices from Microcenter, including price matches on a couple of components.  The $129 they charged me to build the system was great vs the insecurity and risk of doing it myself.  If building it myself your advice would be spot on.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere