Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

MD-80

Thanks for looking - still trying to sort out saving images on my 4K Sony  :wink:

lowi28vsy3.jpg

lowi31jk6h.jpg

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Thanks for looking - still trying to sort out saving images on my 4K Sony

Sort away Richard, pic looks amazing!

I picked up XP11 as well and been playing with it...generally love it but busy painting for P3d at the moment.  I'll get into it later, but the short flights I've done with it so far are nothing short of amazing.

Especially the night....love the fact every light source actually reacts just as it does in real life.  

Try landing a puddle jumper on the road at night (I tried the excellent default 172 with the red classic paint.)  Taxi under the street lamps in external view.  Then adjust the interior lights in the, including the brightness on the GNS...yep..you can see them all dim/brighten from the exterior.  No canned/static lighting in the cockpit (or anywhere in the sim for that matter) like you have on those 32bit sims.  :P

I'm still a little amazed at the naysayers who complain about a $60 sim that includes a payware quality 172, outstanding 737 and MD-80, terabytes of free stuff from a huge user community (MisterX's scenery alone is worth $60).   I guess some would rather complain about it vs spending $60 and finding out just what it can do,,,,scratches head.  :Thinking:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Sort away Richard, pic looks amazing!

I picked up XP11 as well and been playing with it...generally love it but busy painting for P3d at the moment.  I'll get into it later, but the short flights I've done with it so far are nothing short of amazing.

Especially the night....love the fact every light source actually reacts just as it does in real life.  

Try landing a puddle jumper on the road at night (I tried the excellent default 172 with the red classic paint.)  Taxi under the street lamps in external view.  Then adjust the interior lights in the, including the brightness on the GNS...yep..you can see them all dim/brighten from the exterior.  No canned/static lighting in the cockpit (or anywhere in the sim for that matter) like you have on those 32bit sims.  :P

I'm still a little amazed at the naysayers who complain about a $60 sim that includes a payware quality 172, outstanding 737 and MD-80, terabytes of free stuff from a huge user community (MisterX's scenery alone is worth $60).   I guess some would rather complain about it vs spending $60 and finding out just what it can do,,,,scratches head.  :Thinking:

Amazing review Steve - some cool stuff I did not know about - thank you - yup pretty sweet sim and great community created freeware especially Mr.X - need to get one those beauties installed - you need a est from painting saw all of your fslabs stuff you need a break - happy flights put down the brush buddy   :wink:

wow...great shots!

Thank you Ryan very much

Rich Sennett

+1 sums it up neatly. 

abload is doing a nice job. But I notice that the screenshot was saved at a low resolution. In the window where you upload the picture it says "VERKLEINERN:" In the drop down menu besides chose "BILDER NICHT VERKLEINERN". 

By doing so you can upload the pic in 4K.

Hans

+1 sums it up neatly. 

abload is doing a nice job. But I notice that the screenshot was saved at a low resolution. In the window where you upload the picture it says "VERKLEINERN:" In the drop down menu besides chose "BILDER NICHT VERKLEINERN". 

Have I told you your amazing Hans - will check that out now - thank you      :friends:

+1 sums it up neatly. 

Hmm it was on that setting all ready ?

I think its not screen shooting in 4k thats the problem but dont know how 

Rich Sennett

Do you use Nvidia Experience?

Nope only load the basic driver not a fan Hans

Rich Sennett

Amazing review Steve - some cool stuff I did not know about - thank you - yup pretty sweet sim and great community created freeware especially Mr.X - need to get one those beauties installed - you need a est from painting saw all of your fslabs stuff you need a break - happy flights put down the brush buddy

Thanks Richard!

Yeah I painted a few FSL buses hehe.  I'm now dabbling with the iFly 747 as you may have noticed in my last few posts.  She's a good plane as well, and I'm enjoying painting/flying her.

Here is another XP11 tip that will blow you away if you don't know it.

By default (assuming you haven't remapped your keys.) Press and hold SHIFT+L for a bit, and then SHIFT+K for the opposite effect.  It'll change the way you change time forever (pun intended) hehe.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I think X-Plane only saves in a max res of 1080 by default. With the Nvidia tool you can save up to your screen resolution. Video in 4K with 60fps as well, quite neat.

Hans

Thanks Richard!

Yeah I painted a few FSL buses hehe.  I'm now dabbling with the iFly 747 as you may have noticed in my last few posts.  She's a good plane as well, and I'm enjoying painting/flying her.

Yes know that one thanks Steve - good luck with painting 

I think X-Plane only saves in a max res of 1080 by default. With the Nvidia tool you can save up to your screen resolution. Video in 4K with 60fps as well, quite neat.

Have to look into this wouldnt the file format be huge even after down sizing it in PS - have you tried latest nvidia driver maybe I should load that and shadow play - I am not using XP for capture using this nice freeware  http://monosnap.com/welcome

Looking into shadow play now - guess you dont have to get it in driver you can download it separate 

Rich Sennett

Steve Dra.

I simply LOVE your work mate. and, I am sure many others do too.

However, I did notice that your Avsim link is only for the PMDG products (FSX and/or P3D) and I was wondering if you do anything for FS2004 which is where I am at. 

I have a project in mind for the Ifly737 (FS2004) and possibly the Ifly747.

Could you PM me and I will send you the details if you are interested in it.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Apologies to all if this is off topic.

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi Folks,

While I've heard a lot about XP's night lighting - does it actually "illuminate" objects ???

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7