Sign in to follow this  
FSX_CRJ700

Installation Errors

I've had a bit of an unfortunate run of late and could use some help.  Bought a new machine and installed FSX just fine.  Things were good but not perfect.  I couldn't get most of the JustFlight add-ons to install.  The installation wizard would start and then crash for most except for the Wilco 777, and the JustFlight Traffic X and C-130.  I would asso get the occasional crash in flight, and then when I finally got the PMDG 772 I read the note about installing outside the program files folder getting better performance.  So I uninstalled the product no problem and did a re-install but not in the location I meant.  Tried to uninstall again and didn't do it correctly, couldn't re-install and had to reset the PC to wipe it clean.  Managed to get the computer back up and running but now every time I go to install I get the following two errors:

Error 1722 and Error 1603

I've been thru and made sure all my permissions are set correctly and they are.

Windows 10

Intel Core i7-6700      3.4GHz

Any help also with the JustFlight add-ons would be appreciated, too.

-Brad...

when I finally got the PMDG 772 I read the note about installing outside the program files folder getting better performance. So I uninstalled the product no problem and did a re-install but not in the location I meant. Tried to uninstall again and didn't do it correctly, couldn't re-install and had to reset the PC to wipe it clean. Managed to get the computer back up and running but now every time I go to install I get the following two errors:
Error 1722 and Error 1603

Something is not installed properly.  Those are Windows InstallShield Error codes.  You know, the Windows Installation program throws out these errors as all applications use Windows to get their products installed properly including PMDG.  I think when you reset your PC "to wipe it clean", this somehow messed up your User Profile.  You could have "wiped it too clean" and removed more than needed in the other applications you had already installed.

When you "reset your PC to wipe it clean", what does that mean?  Did you reinstall Windows?  FSX?  Or did you restore your PC to a time before you installed the PMDG 777?  If the latter, you may have gone back too far in your restore and messed up your other installations, including your installation of FSX.  Reinsert the FSX DVD and select the Repair option.  Make sure you go through the complete repair and repair SP1 and Acceleration (if you have Acceleration installed; otherwise SP2). 

The following link might also assist you in resolving this problem - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/960481.  I personally would try to fix my User profile first as shown in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 21.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10