Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Quick Xenviro shot

Thanks for looking

x-system2016-12-09001elbz4.jpg

• Upvote 5

Rich Sennett

Great atmosphere and clouds!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

oops

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I hate to say it but the clouds ruin the scene.  You have crisp clear ground textures and crisp clear aircraft textures but blurry clouds. 

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

X-Plane's Flatland.... But nice, until LR really decides to dedicate time to 3d clouds... and allows for some really nice / plausible 3d skies....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sorry this shot does more to put me off than anything.

I wish they offered a timed demo like AS, and then at least you can test it for yourself without shelling out so much money. Some shots have shown it in a better light though.

X-Plane's Flatland.... But nice, until LR really decides to dedicate time to 3d clouds... and allows for some really nice / plausible 3d skies....

What are you talking about ? X-Plane is not flat... this is a third party add-on!! At least Laminar really attempts to make its cloud more "3d" (true 3d is still a myth for clouds). It's just that their smoky color is totally unrealistic.

Pascal

• Upvote 1

For an add-on that cost around, $70 dollars it is disappointing the clouds paper that blurry. The rest of your screenshot looks beautiful as far as the terrain and plane. What sort of ground textures are you running in this picture? It looks fantastic.

I hate to say it but the clouds ruin the scene.  You have crisp clear ground textures and crisp clear aircraft textures but blurry clouds. 

It's not that they are blurred, it looks as if the textures are displayed massively too large and so loose the definition. Distant clouds look pretty good. But this seems to be not a common issue judging from other screenshots.

Nice shot Rich!  I would rather have those clouds than the unrealistic looking cotton ball clouds.  I am going to purchase xEnviro soon.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

For an add-on that cost around, $70 dollars it is disappointing the clouds paper that blurry. The rest of your screenshot looks beautiful as far as the terrain and plane. What sort of ground textures are you running in this picture? It looks fantastic.

Now that I've had some time to experience the low textures in-sim, I really don't mind them too much. I guess it's a bit of a trade off. Distant and semi-distant clouds look fantastic, but close up ones are not wonderful, while with default XP and SMP close-up clouds are good but distant ones look silly. To me, distant clouds are more important for a sense of 'scale', and I can forgive the low-res close clouds because in the real world not all clouds have sharply defined edges and have a fuzzy/blurry look, especially in the winter. Of course it would be great of they fixed them. but as of now they don't look that bad in-sim (to my eye at least) when you consider the alternatives. 

UHD quality ...wow

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Guys thank you all good or bad  

Pics dont do it justice - you really have to try it real time - just read using vorticies on in this aircraft which is not ready for XP11 yet is causing issues with xenviro - looking into what the ill effects are so this may not be a good representation 

Rich Sennett

or bad

BTW the screen shot is nice overall, and I love your other shots no question. In this case its just the clouds that look unapealing to my eyes.

I would like to see more though.

BTW the screen shot is nice overall, and I love your other shots no question. In this case its just the clouds that look unapealing to my eyes.

I would like to see more though.

Hi Buddy - got reply 

No wonder it looks like that - be nice when 737 is update for XP11 - They are working on it - great product

If they are on some people reported (and I had the same issue) flat clouds... Disabling the vortices it seemed to solve the problem

Rich Sennett