Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Anyone tried ENVTEX?

I saw that TOGA team released freeware preset for PTA to be used with ENVTEX. Is this alternative to modified cloud shaders or can they be used together?

Hi Mephic,

It's recommended to not use our cloud shaders if you already use PTA as it could create some conflicts. We have included our own cloud shaders for users who don't wish to use PTA and customize everything but sincerely PTA can do much more, I recommend to PTA only if you are used to it.

Yeah, I think they could use a little tutorial on that.  I am pretty sure it's the default.  If you check the checkbox you can look on the right side where the pictures are and find the one for sky textures.  I think Random means install them all.  There are other selections for seasons which, I guess, only installs a subset.

Oh, and, by the way, they already have their checkboxes set for the various conditions inside ASCA so there's nothing really to do once they're installed.  Just fly.

Gregg said everything.

Actually the sky presets chosen in Envtex is not relevant for ASCA integration, if this feature is checked it will install all of our ASCA preset and you're ready to fly.

I agree that we could explain it more clearly in our manual, will correct that  :wink:

Maxime
TOGA projects

No folder icons to click on...

I think you have to find them and paste them in...or type them.  There's instructions on where to find ASCA in the docs.  You'll want to create a backup folder for textures.  Also, change the ASCA mode.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just bought it at Simmarket.

I installed it on my client PC were ASCA and AS16 are installed too.

However , when booting EnvTex I am getting this at the settings tab :

ENVTex.jpg

No folder icons to click on...

Help is appriciated..

This is a known issue on 1.0.0 because of a low screen resolution (normally if you have a resolution lower than 900px wide). It has been solved in Hotfix 1 which will detect automatically your screen resolution, the interface will adapt itself to your screen and will be displayed correctly.

You can download our hotfix 2 which solves a few other minor bugs from our forum (a hotfix 3 is coming quite soon too and all reported bugs on this 1.0 should be adressed): http://togaprojects.proboards.com/thread/48/envtex-hotfix-2-released

We have sent our hotfix to simmarket but seems like it's not online yet, sorry for that.

Please let me know if it works now.

Maxime
TOGA projects

Thanks.

Just installed Hotfix 1 and 2 and now I am back in business .. 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

So can I clarify one thing regarding sky textures.......ENVTEX will choose a sky texture set based on the season, time of day and prevailent atmospheric conditions ?

Just playing around.

I enabled and disabled features for testing and seeing what it brings.

Installing takes up to 1 minute and Restoring is 1 second ?

Is this correct ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

So can I clarify one thing regarding sky textures.......ENVTEX will choose a sky texture set based on the season, time of day and prevailent atmospheric conditions ?

First, if you use ASCA together with AS16 and Envtex, ASCA will choose a sky texture in real time depending on your location and the weather. So you don't have to bother to choose a specific sky preset, ASCA will do everything for you.

If you use only Envtex, FS/P3D will choose randomly one of the 10 textures available for each time of day, it won't be related to the season or atmospheric condition but only time of day. Actually this is a native FS/P3D feature but I never saw a developer taking profit of that great feature before, probably because it requires a very huge amount of different sky textures (Currently exactly 545 different sky textures are included in the product).

In each of our sky presets those 10 textures have been designed to correspond to the theme (Seasonal - Winter will have deeper blue days and yellow-ish sunrises with some tint variations every day) but if you want to have season based textures you must change the sky preset in Envtex and install it.

I hope my explanation was clear, not sure though ^^ :nea:

Maxime
TOGA projects

First, if you use ASCA together with AS16 and Envtex, ASCA will choose a sky texture in real time depending on your location and the weather. So you don't have to bother to choose a specific sky preset, ASCA will do everything for you.

That's great , many thanks

Great explanation.

Just playing around.

I enabled and disabled features for testing and seeing what it brings.

Installing takes up to 1 minute and Restoring is 1 second ?

Is this correct ?

Yes that is totally normal  :smile:

This is because our data is compressed so it's not taking 8Gb on your hard drive for nothing and also for anti-piracy reasons, but your backup is not compressed so the install is very fast. We have designed the interface in 64bit architecture so it's optimized for recent computers (but still compatible with 32bits, the installer automatically recognize your windows version and installs the corresponding files).

• Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

Hello

Very interested in this product - looks fantastic. I'm not sure I fully understand the ASCA integration - will the sky textures here replace the ones that ASCA currently uses if I have the Fully Dynamic mode enabled? Or do they add to the ASCA ones so that ASCA may load one from it's own database or one from ENVTEX?

The reason i ask is because I really don't like the sky textures that I have seen from ASCA at all! I love the clouds, think they're great, but I have currently disabled the sky textures and just use one from REX.

I like the look of these new sky textures so would be interested if these completely replace the ASCA ones.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

Very interesting!!  I am currently using AS16/ASCA and always use Full Dynamic mode. I have not been using the ASCA sky textures though and have been using only 1 REX sky texture set (Fair) for daytime and a sunset/sunrise set from the library (Gabriel?).  The reason I have been using fixed textures is because of the effect that different sky textures have on my shader settings (I use PTA).  I like the VC to have a certain color/shadowing ( I like a relatively dark VC during the daytime for contrast) and have found sky textures have an effect on how this looks. I ended up choosing fixed sets I liked and adjusting PTA to my liking. 

My question is if I use these sky textures, will they have a large effect on the color and shadowing in the VC??  I am willing to experiment a little and this looks like an interesting product. 

Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi guys,

Hello

Very interested in this product - looks fantastic. I'm not sure I fully understand the ASCA integration - will the sky textures here replace the ones that ASCA currently uses if I have the Fully Dynamic mode enabled? Or do they add to the ASCA ones so that ASCA may load one from it's own database or one from ENVTEX?

The reason i ask is because I really don't like the sky textures that I have seen from ASCA at all! I love the clouds, think they're great, but I have currently disabled the sky textures and just use one from REX.

I like the look of these new sky textures so would be interested if these completely replace the ASCA ones.

Cheers

Stu

You have actually both options under "ASCA mode", you can make ASCA work with native ASCA textures together with our textures or simply use only Envtex sky colors. Both will be able to inject textures in real time  :wink:

Very interesting!!  I am currently using AS16/ASCA and always use Full Dynamic mode. I have not been using the ASCA sky textures though and have been using only 1 REX sky texture set (Fair) for daytime and a sunset/sunrise set from the library (Gabriel?).  The reason I have been using fixed textures is because of the effect that different sky textures have on my shader settings (I use PTA).  I like the VC to have a certain color/shadowing ( I like a relatively dark VC during the daytime for contrast) and have found sky textures have an effect on how this looks. I ended up choosing fixed sets I liked and adjusting PTA to my liking. 

My question is if I use these sky textures, will they have a large effect on the color and shadowing in the VC??  I am willing to experiment a little and this looks like an interesting product. 

Thanks!

Well, I am used to create quite contrasted shadowing in my sky textures. It's hard to compare with yours as I don't really know your tastes but here is a screenshot from a member of our team: http://imgur.com/a/5DPGq

Does it work with ActiveSky Next in P3D?

John

Yes it is compatible with any weather engine, the only thing is that you won't be able to take profit of the ASCA real time texture injection.

Maxime
TOGA projects

You have actually both options under "ASCA mode", you can make ASCA work with native ASCA textures together with our textures or simply use only Envtex sky colors. Both will be able to inject textures in real time :wink:

Fantastic, thanks for letting me know. Well, you've made one extra sale there - I'll definately be picking this up tonight.

Stuart Furley

Just for clarification regarding shaders - assuming I have changed a driver and deleted my shaders folder - will Envtex rebuild the changes or do I need to reapply the program?

I'm assuming it will rebuild.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors