Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Camera editing keyboard commands not working.

Hi. 

I have just tried to allocate keyboard commands to different camera views, and not Joystick. 

When I edit the cameras the keyboard command is accepted and highlighted in the key sequence box. So far, so good. 

However, when I run FSX the keyboard commands are not doing any changes. 

Any ideas?

All aircraft types selected and VC selected 

Enable live camera and ELC control both checked.

Keith Sandford.

Check they are still configured and visible in the camera management dialog.

Then open Spy and press the keys with focus returned to sims main display. Make sure the key event is logged in the Spy window.

Stephen

All is ok in the management section. When I click on the different cameras they change in the sim. I have a mini-numerical keyboard USB plugged in. I have assigned 3 views to 1 2 and 3. I have tried keyboard and mini keyboard and nothing happens. 

GEN  General process monitoring has been enabled ...

GEN  Licenced User Name : keith sandford

GEN  Licenced FSI Order : XXXXXX

GEN  Input Device 1 : CYBORG 3D USB

GEN  Input Device 2 : USB  ADAPTOR

GEN  Site Effects : 97 Opus, 0 User, 97 in Total

SIM  Connected to Simulator

SIM  Air Folder = ND_CH47

Keith Sandford.

Please check your Camera Management dialog and confirm that the keys are assigned OK.

Then open Spy, press the keys and see if the sim reports the key press event through SimConnect, I doubt it will.

Note, you cannot use many keys in the sim as the sim uses them itself (see LC Manual). I doubt you can use the numeric keys at all as they are normally used within the sim.

Try assigning a 'unique' button to the views and see if the button selects them. Then you will know if the cameras are configured correctly and can be used for the selected aircraft type. Have you specified a single view as the Default for that aircraft, normally a VC view.

If the above works then you could also try assigning key X or Shift-X (these are normally not used within the sim so are available) to ALL your views and then see if you can cycle through them. Remember the sims main display must have keyboard focus for any key press to be recognised, processed and then if unused passed on to FSISERVER through SimConnect.

If in doubt, email me your CAM file and I will check.

Stephen :-)

Ok I give up as I do not have a single clue what you are talking about.

I assumed that because the option was there in the edit tool to assign a keyboard command it would work.

Is there a similar USB device to a mini keyboard but mimics joystick push buttons? Perhaps that would work..

Would this work for instance? Assign the buttons.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcade-Fighting-Stick-Game-Controller-Joystick-Gamepad-For-USB-PC-PS3-/381571413912

Keith Sandford.

Not all keys can be used as the sim uses many of them for other functions (see the sims Controls Settings). So you can't just use any key sequence as most of them are used within the sim and will not be passed on to opus. Opus gets notified of button or key presses from the sim as SimConnect events. That's why I ask you to check the FSISERVER Spy window.

The keys and button assignments work just fine ... 100% correctly ... you just can't use any key that's all ... and the numeric keys are most likely not useable as the sim will not send their key press events on to opus.

Stephen

Just follow my instructions above and you will be able to test you Camera views, check what keys you can use etc..

What about using a stick such as the Saitek X52 Pro.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/X52-Pro-Flight-Simulator-Controller/dp/B000LQ4HTS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481318574&sr=8-2&keywords=saitek+x52+pro+joystick

It has plenty of buttons and a handy hat switch.

I only want to use a single one out of my numerical keypad. I'll try all of them tomorrow and report back.

Can I use a single key to cycle through all of my camera views? I believe you can but can't remember how? Is it just assign same key press to every camera view?

Keith Sandford.

Yes. Assign your chosen VC view as Default in the OpusFSI camera edit. Then assign the same key to all your VC views. I use the X or Shift-X keys. It will cycle through all cameras with the same view mode. So all VC views etc.. so you specify your Default, assign one view with a unique button and assign the same key to all your views.

See the Live Camera manual.

Stephen

The unique button allows you to select a camera view. Of course the same button can be assigned to camera views created for other aircraft types. As long as its unique for all camera views associated with the current aircraft type there will be no confusion.

Ok thanks. I'll give it a go. I wondered about the default view. I couldn't see anything referencing it. I'll look in the camera edit tool.

Keith Sandford.

OK, I think I know why you cannot edit the rotational axes.

You have posted in another topic (always best to use one topic) that you are using Oculus Rift and another Addon, Are you trying to edit wearing the VR device? If so then its quite likely that your device is controlling the rotational PBH axes itself. Hence, you cannot obviously change them when the device you are wearing is always controlling them (changing the eye point to match where you are looking for example).

You can only have one program setting or altering the eye points translational (XYZ) or rotational (PBH) axes.

Stephen