Sign in to follow this  
TonyD

UK2000 Christmas Sale

Sorry, but could not see any sale going on.  I did hear that their Christmas sale may start sometime this weekend. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I can see it looking at this site: http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/default.htm

Hmm, Luton and Stansted maybe?

Would I be creating a sort of British New York area VAS-vice when having all three London sceneries installed and active? (City excluded, am still using the older AS version)

Cheers

Frank

Thought this would be an excellent time to take advantage of Gary's sale especially

since the conversion from pound to USD has been around 1 to 1.26. However when purchasing

the ratio is considerably higher (1 to 1.41). Would be curious why the big difference.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thought this would be an excellent time to take advantage of Gary's sale especially

since the conversion from pound to USD has been around 1 to 1.26. However when purchasing

the ratio is considerably higher (1 to 1.41). Would be curious why the big difference.

If you are using Paypal, then the answer is easy, they charge a fee on top of the conversion rate which is built in to their own conversion rate.  Credit card companies generally charge the going conversion rate, but then they will also charge a percentage of the purchase price on top of this.  As far as I'm aware, both are for international purchases only.  If I buy something in Australia via Paypal then I only pay the exact purchase price.

Cheers,

I have 7 of their airports and was thinking of adding Leeds, Heathrow, Stansted, and Belfast. How is the performance at Heathrow? I have the old Aerosoft one and never use it since it is like a slide show. Also, I have the old Gatwick and considering they are supposed to be developing a new Gatwick this year, would it make sense to upgrade to the current Gatwick version? Any other recommendations would be great. I have mostly older versions (Gatwick, Cardiff, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, and Glasgow).

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I have 7 of their airports and was thinking of adding Leeds, Heathrow, Stansted, and Belfast. How is the performance at Heathrow? I have the old Aerosoft one and never use it since it is like a slide show. Also, I have the old Gatwick and considering they are supposed to be developing a new Gatwick this year, would it make sense to upgrade to the current Gatwick version? Any other recommendations would be great. I have mostly older versions (Gatwick, Cardiff, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, and Glasgow).

Cheers, Pete

I have Gatwick v1 (never upgraded to v2 and now he's working on v3), Heathrow (latest), Leeds, Cardiff and Prestwick.

Heathrow performs well on my rig. I downsized some of the larger textures to 1024, mip mapped all the textures that weren't mipped, and run it with ORBX Global and Open LC EU, UTX EU and UT2 70% with WOAI cargo traffic 100%. Flying the NGX or 777 there I usually maintain 25 to 30 FPS and usually have around 1.3 GB of remaining VAS left over after a flight from the US, so no problem with FPS or VAS at this airport. This is on FSX SP2 boxed btw.

I'm thinking of getting Stansted, Luton, Glasgow and Manchester but am hesitant to buy Manchester now since he's saying the updated Manchester will be done in Jan and I don't want to have to pay to upgrade it. I might just buy three and wait until next year to get Manchester and also the Gatwick update to v3.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A new version of Manchester is currently in development, and should be released early in the new year.

The new version of Gatwick has now been pushed back to early Spring 2017 (after Norwich Xtreme has been released).

I have never had a problem with performance at the latest version of Heathrow, and I have up to 140 detailed AI planes active at the airport early in the morning (freeware AIG airline schedules and models). However, performance will vary depending on the power of your own PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you are using Paypal, then the answer is easy, they charge a fee on top of the conversion rate which is built in to their own conversion rate.  Credit card companies generally charge the going conversion rate, but then they will also charge a percentage of the purchase price on top of this.  As far as I'm aware, both are for international purchases only.  If I buy something in Australia via Paypal then I only pay the exact purchase price.

Cheers,

Thanks for your information; however, I was aware of their additional chagres. The cost calculated was the conversion rate of 1.41 prior using paypal or cc. When you add the paypal or CC would only increase overall cost or exchange rate.Even with that said it is still a fair deal.

Carl

I wonder if I go ahead and purchase the latest Gatwick if they will offer a decent discount on the new version once it is released. I never updated from the original version since only a 5 pound discount didn't seem to be enough to make me pull the trigger.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Every time I try to buy anything it keeps asking me to confirm that I'm a UK resident. Why is this? No other scenery store has stupid rules like this.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough