Sign in to follow this  
TonyD

UK2000 Christmas Sale

Every time I try to buy anything it keeps asking me to confirm that I'm a UK resident. Why is this? No other scenery store has stupid rules like this.

Hi Neil,

he is doing things properly. There are rules regarding online purchases about local sales taxes in the EU, in the US, Canada, and everywhere else. Larger stores ask you to fill out a form with information about your country and province and pass this on to Paypal or other payment systems. UK2000 just does this a bit differently.

Peter

A new version of Manchester is currently in development, and should be released early in the new year.
The new version of Gatwick has now been pushed back to early Spring 2017

Can't wait for these releases.

Hi Neil,

he is doing things properly. There are rules regarding online purchases about local sales taxes in the EU, in the US, Canada, and everywhere else. Larger stores ask you to fill out a form with information about your country and province and pass this on to Paypal or other payment systems. UK2000 just does this a bit differently.

Peter

Yep, thanks, I see now there's another link for non UK residents. I just think they way it's done is very off-putting. They make it seem like you have to be from the UK in order to purchase.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Blame the idiots who decided to change the rules regarding tax on online sales.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

UK2000 usually cuts the prices around Christmas at Simmarket too. I´ll wait that rather than play with paypal.

For the record.....a lot more of the money goes directly to Gary if you purchase from the UK2000 website. You have to ask yourself.....do you want the developer of all of these wonderful airports to be the one to benefit, or the middle man publisher?

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For the record.....a lot more of the money goes directly to Gary if you purchase from the UK2000 website. You have to ask yourself.....do you want the developer of all of these wonderful airports to be the one to benefit, or the middle man publisher?

Yeah Gary deserves every cent for his work.  Instead of simmarket, a website that likes to peddle terrible addons for $17.   Because hey who cares about quality products when you can make money. Exhibit A:

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/10/25/move-over-pmdg-a-new-777-is-in-town?rq=simmarket 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Exhibit B:

http://secure.simmarket.com/ariane-design.mhtml

If you don't know, google Ariane Design, or just search for them on these forums.  I didn't research, purchased a product on sale on 30th of November, and still haven't received an activation code so I can use said product, despite dozens of attempts, emails, support tickets etc.  Simmarket also refuse to give a refund.  So just who is responsible for a faulty addon, it always seems to be the other guy.

Buy direct from UK2000 and support the developer.

• Upvote 1

I´ll wait that rather than play with paypal.

I understand your reasoning and I absolutely agree with you that Paypal should be avoided at any cost BUT HOWEVER, unless I am mistaken, I believe UK2000 software company offers choice of Paypal or UK2000's contracted credit card processing service that handles credit card payments without using Paypal.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Regarding Ariane Design --- I am amazed that they are still in business. AVSIM did a major expose on them several years ago and basically said they were a very shady operation. They may have cleaned up their business practices since then but it sounds like they are still not a company anyone would want to deal with...

I plan to post this elsewhere, but I thought this might be an appropriate place to tell you all that UK2000 has now made ALL of their FS9 UK Airfields Parts 1-8 FREEWARE... Yep, the whole collection!!! Google UK2000 and it will take you to a page that has three sections - one for their current products, one for VFR sceneries and one for their FREEWARE FS9 sceneries...

When you go to install them, you will need the keycodes. They are printed on the download page, just under the title for the particular Part which also lists the airfields that are included.

You will need to be careful to remove all files that would conflict with any addons you already have - in my case mostly UK2000 Extreme products but also Aerosoft EGLL and several ACG RAF airfields.

Remember that these products go all the way back to Gary's first efforts in the FS2002 days so don't expect too much from some of the earlier products. But they are all much better than the defaults and you can see that as he became more experienced and new tools became available, the standards rose considerably. Each "Part" comes with a traffic file using default aircraft - if you have an AI editing program like TTools/yRoute etc. you may want to decompile these and substitute other aircraft so you get more variety.

The collection covers England and Wales only - no Scottish or Irish sceneries though there are plenty of those in the stand-alone Extreme collection.... If you check the homepage, there is a section for updated AFD files and this includes these older FS9 airfields...

I haven't seen any FPS issues at all so far, even though I now have extremely dense airfield sceneries and GA AI  traffic in my virtual UK skies along with all my WoAI and other AI files....

I know we all have a great deal of respect for Gary's professional skills, fair prices and we love him for continuing to support FS9 - now we have another reason to thank him....

Cheers

Ian

• Upvote 1

How do UK2000 sceneries work with FTX/Orbx?

Never bought one of their products. They look interesting. Thanks.

Dave

Perfectly. They even provide a setting during the installation where you can specify that you use ORBX regions.

Peter

I was thinking about Aberdeen for sure.

Maybe a 2nd one like Prestwick, Glasgow or Gatwick.

I've got all of the FTX UK regions.

Dave

Ive bought UK2000 VFR and amoung evey other purchase.