Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Pixar is using ORBX FTX Global!

Just watched this with my daughter today, and suddenly realised - omg Pixar is using ORBX FTX Global in their cartoons! Dayum!

*screenshot from YouTube*

pixar_orbx.jpg

I mean just look at it, or go watching the cartoon, it looks exactly like FTX Global! It looks like the bird is photoshoped over the P3D/FSX screenshot!  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Good spot.

I wonder if Orbx know?

What were the frame rates like?  :wink:

Well, considering FTX Global was released in 2013, and this video was produced in 2009, I have some significant reservations that the content is in fact Orbx Global.

That said, the background terrain in those shots does look very similar to what a color corrected and enhanced FSX landclass might look like. In fact, it looks very similar to what P3D looks like today with cloud shadowing and such.

I'm not interested in playing "GOTCHA!" with Pixar, but I am curious if FSX played a role in this short film's production design.

Interesting find. Piqued my interest for sure.

Haahaahaha guys chill out, the name of the thread is highly sarcastic  :Tounge:

Of course pixar doesn't use FTX Global, especially because cartoon is way older than the ORBX's product, but it looks like the bird was photoshopped on the P3D screenshot of FTX Global, as I've already said.

Just fun, nothing else.  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yes that is what happens when you post in here, over analyzed.

If anything it shows that back in 2009 a team of digital artists put together a scene, rendered it frame by frame, and finished it off with after effects to create a production that looks like that

Now in 2016 with P3D and a few addons your computer can now generate a similar look and feel at about 30 FPS, goes to show the progression of technology

Matthew Kane