Sign in to follow this  
zkline

Slewing to a runway with MCE

Hi All,

I just bought MCE, and am thus far quite impressed over all. I am running into a slight problem when trying to slew to a runway, however. I am constantly told that the airport, a standard FSX one, was not found in the database, and thus that slewing is impossible. I'm not sure what database is meant here. I have makerunways.exe from Radar Contact among other sources, is this what was intended?

Note that otherwise everything seems to work more or less well, though the syntax and grammar is taking a bit of getting used to. THanks for any help!:)

Hi,

If you have makerunways from RC4 itself, tjhen you don't have the latest i think.

Here you can get the latest v4966

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

It's from Pete Dowson.

You can also get here the latest FSUIPC: for FSX v4958 and fs9 v3999

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/.

Best regards John

John Cramer

Hi All,

I just bought MCE, and am thus far quite impressed over all. I am running into a slight problem when trying to slew to a runway, however. I am constantly told that the airport, a standard FSX one, was not found in the database, and thus that slewing is impossible. I'm not sure what database is meant here. I have makerunways.exe from Radar Contact among other sources, is this what was intended?

Note that otherwise everything seems to work more or less well, though the syntax and grammar is taking a bit of getting used to. THanks for any help!:)

When you ask for slewing, a TTS voice should ask you to confirm whether you intended that, and should also repeat the requested runway.

It's possible the system got a different runway to the one available at that airport, then denied the move.

You also need to confirm before slewing actually takes place.

If it gets the wrong runway, wait 10 seconds and make same request again.

It's possible the system got a different runway to the one available at that airport, then denied the move.

You also need to confirm before slewing actually takes place.

If it gets the wrong runway, wait 10 seconds and make same request again.

I'm 90% certain something weird is going on, I'm afraid. The pair of messages I get is always the same, that the runway or gate is not found in the database, and then, that it cannot identify the airport, and slewing is not possible.

The runway it confirms is actually correct, but agreeing to slew produces the above messages.

For what it's worth, I rebuilt my runway database this morning, so everything should be up to date on that front.

Is their anything else I can do to debug this?

The runway it confirms is actually correct, but agreeing to slew produces the above messages.

Is it default FSX airport?

Which one and which runway. Will try to replicate.

Thanks

Yep, it's KSEA, runway 16L.

I had no problem when I tried flying out of KPDX, but KSEA gives me trouble every time. Can't taxi without being able to see the airport :)

I had no problem when I tried flying out of KPDX, but KSEA gives me trouble every time. Can't taxi without being able to see the airport :)

If your issue is how to get to the runway, do you have GSX? If so after GSX completes pushback it resets. At that point Go back in the GSX menu and select the runway you want to takeoff from. You will get a option for a follow me vehicle, or to place you there immediately.. (Same options for Gate arrival). Just a thought if you already have GSX.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If your issue is how to get to the runway, do you have GSX? If so after GSX completes pushback it resets. At that point Go back in the GSX menu and select the runway you want to takeoff from. You will get a option for a follow me vehicle, or to place you there immediately.. (Same options for Gate arrival). Just a thought if you already have GSX.

I don't, but thanks. WIll keep it in mind if I decide to look into GSX. Hadn't heard much about it before.

I don't, but thanks. WIll keep it in mind if I decide to look into GSX. Hadn't heard much about it before.

GSX is a Ground services addon that provides services like catering, fuel visual only , though there is a Beta version out now, that actually does the refueling. Baggage handling, boarding, and pushback. MCE is made to interact with it, so for most functions you can use Voice commands or by commands in a VOXSCRIPT. Here's a video I just made which will demonstrate it for you. Note The jetway control (CTRL-J) and bells were created by me using MCE's powerful VOXKEY and VOXSCRIPT tools. I also setup a semi  Voice controlled PROATC/X ATC. While not directly supported like PFE/RC4, was also able to do this with VOXKEY/VOXSCRIPT

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

GSX is a Ground services addon that provides services like catering, fuel visual only , though there is a Beta version out now, that actually does the refueling. Baggage handling, boarding, and pushback. MCE is made to interact with it, so for most functions you can use Voice commands or by commands in a VOXSCRIPT. Here's a video I just made which will demonstrate it for you. Note The jetway control (CTRL-J) and bells were created by me using MCE's powerful VOXKEY and VOXSCRIPT tools. I also setup a semi  Voice controlled PROATC/X ATC. While not directly supported like PFE/RC4, was also able to do this with VOXKEY/VOXSCRIPT

Thanks, that looks pretty neat. :) I don't think it's in the budget at the moment, but hopefully soon.

I ran a quick test at default KSEA, and initially when speech reco got runway "12-L-" by mistake, and I confirmed, immediately got the rebuke.

But when I said "slew aircraft to runway sixteen left" (and seen it displayed as 16 -L-), and confirmed after the prompt, it definitely got me there nicely.

Normally, the command would also be displayed in red font inside the simulator window. But my understanding, you don't have the luxury of being able to see it.

Therefore, it's crucial you listen to that TTS voice repeating the command, before agreeing.

I hate to be difficult, but this fails to work consistently for me. I have confirmed that the correct runway is being spoken, and as far as I know I should be able to slew from my gate.

Note that i got it to work once, but that it is inconsistent at best. Starting from Gate Bravo 10, which MCE correctly identifies when asked for a position, it nevertheless refuses to move me consistently. I'm baffled and rather annoyed, as the failures seem entirely random.

I hate to be difficult, but this fails to work consistently for me. I have confirmed that the correct runway is being spoken, and as far as I know I should be able to slew from my gate.

Note that i got it to work once, but that it is inconsistent at best. Starting from Gate Bravo 10, which MCE correctly identifies when asked for a position, it nevertheless refuses to move me consistently. I'm baffled and rather annoyed, as the failures seem entirely random.

When you hear the voice over stating progress of the slewing process, you must be patient and don't do anything or risk interrupting the process.

For instance, aircraft is moved using a worker thread that needs to constantly check position and heading, and if you task switch to another window (say to keep yourself busy while the slewing is going on), this might deprive FSX of the required resources to perform the task accurately.

Could you post a screenshot of the <About> tab in MCE user interface?

Just need to get an idea about your hardware.

Thanks