Sign in to follow this  
NicolasJackson

737V3

So with talks of an NGV3 I've been scratching my head and doing some thinking. I love The NG, of course, I think it's the plane I spend the most time in. But, I would really like to see the  MAX as well so I can fly across The Atlantic in one go without hoping for favorable winds. I am all for the promised performance improvements as well. Anyone else want to talk 737 in this time of the 747?   

i am looking forward to it too, however, i would have preferred missing variants over a complete new product. Like variants with split winglets, -300 -400 -500 or even BBJ's. But we are barking up the wrong tree.

Hi,

I don't want to dishearten anyone but the 737 max is not even in service yet and the first one will not be delivered before half 2017. If ever PMDG decides to go that way, I don't think we would see an addon before several years from now...

• Upvote 2

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi,

I don't want to dishearten anyone but the 737 max is not even in service yet and the first one will not be delivered before half 2017. If ever PMDG decides to go that way, I don't think we would see an addon before several years from now...

Point well made. But, I would think by the time the 747 is done including the dash 8. The Max will likely be in service. I would assume another product would be announced after the 747 but before the 737 v3. Who knows what it will be. But, by the time product x comes out and V3 is up to bat The Max might be more prevalent. Of course this is all academic. We have no idea what happens after the 747. Just doing some backseat piloting from 32f.

As for the classic, I would love to see it but that seems unrealistic. The NG has been a PMDG staple since the early 2000s. Correct me if I am wrong, but, they have never touched The Classic. I think the airliners they made before The NG were the 757 and 767 but that was before the days when I flew The PMDG.

If I am making a  wishlist it would go:

737 MAX

777X

Then maybe an Airbus or whatever Boeing is making in the late 2020s/2030s

Of course I know PMDG doesn't take product suggestions. Still it's fun the think about the future. to The 747 and beyond!  

I would definitely love a 757!

LevelD sim were developing but they eventuelly dropped the project so I don't think we will ever see one with the level of a PMDG.

• Upvote 2

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I would definitely love a 757!

LevelD sim were developing but they eventuelly dropped the project so I don't think we will ever see one with the level of a PMDG.

Me too. The 757 has gotten so little love in FSXsince PMDG last did it. I am still sad about Level D. They made a great airplane in their 767. I still fly it from time to time

i am looking forward to it too, however, i would have preferred missing variants over a complete new product. Like variants with split winglets, -300 -400 -500 or even BBJ's. But we are barking up the wrong tree.

Those are classics, not the NG's so I doubt we would see them soon if ever.   I am a very big fan of the -400 myself though.

Regards

Apologies if I interpreted this correctly, but my understanding was that the talks about the 737 V3 were part performance improvements, part adding a bit more modularity that home cockpit builders could use.  I doubt they'll do the classics, as it's all new avionics/gauges (mostly at least).  The MAX I could see, but agree it's a bit too new right now. 

Eric Szczesniak

Point well made. But, I would think by the time the 747 is done including the dash 8. The Max will likely be in service. I would assume another product would be announced after the 747 but before the 737 v3. Who knows what it will be. But, by the time product x comes out and V3 is up to bat The Max might be more prevalent. Of course this is all academic. We have no idea what happens after the 747. Just doing some backseat piloting from 32f.

As for the classic, I would love to see it but that seems unrealistic. The NG has been a PMDG staple since the early 2000s. Correct me if I am wrong, but, they have never touched The Classic. I think the airliners they made before The NG were the 757 and 767 but that was before the days when I flew The PMDG.

If I am making a  wishlist it would go:

737 MAX

777X

Then maybe an Airbus or whatever Boeing is making in the late 2020s/2030s

Of course I know PMDG doesn't take product suggestions. Still it's fun the think about the future. to The 747 and beyond!  

Nice list now here's what's gonna happen FSX/P3D wise:

747V3

(737/777 technology update sometime after 747 release)

747V 3- 748 expansion

737 Max

757/767 unlikely

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Nice list now here's what's gonna happen FSX/P3D wise:

747V3

(737/777 technology update sometime after 747 release)

747V 3- 748 expansion

737 Max

757/767 unlikely

I didn't know you worked for PMDG.

• Upvote 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

We could use a good 757/767. I work around them everyday at the airport.

Oh wait... this isn't a wish list thread... My bad...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I would really like a 777-200ER with Rolls Royce Trent engines.