Sign in to follow this  
N1G

GTX 1070 - So many Types/Manufacturers

Happy Saturday!

I am trying to narrow down my search for the GTX1070. Any recommendations? There seems to be so many choices. 

Bob

EVGA - rock solid return policy / replacement :wink:  

Hey Richard, hope all is well with you. I can only assume that there is not much difference between boards except price.

Bob

Well there are some that are clocked higher/perform slightly better than others and thus more expensive. But then reliability counts too. I went for the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070, super quiet, barely hits 65°C and performance is outstanding :smile:

I've had two EVGA cards in the last few years, the second was an SC (super clocked). Both have performed great and ran cool. I would not hesitate to buy another of this brand when I upgrade. But these are just 'anecdotal' reports. Looking at user reviews (say NewEgg) for the different cards and manufacturers will give you a good sense of performance, reliability and support.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Never had a problem with any EVGA card I bought. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

So many to choose from, but they are all really good. I went with an Asus Strix 1070 OC. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hey Richard, hope all is well with you. I can only assume that there is not much difference between boards except price.

Bob

Hi Bob - thanks hope all is well on your end - if a video card goes south which they do - evga has life time warranty and they are great cards so why take the chance

Rich Sennett

I've been sticking with eVGA for a long time now, and that's because they stand behind their warranties like few others, and they have actual (English-speaking even) humans answering the phone at customer support if you need help.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Picked up the EVGA 1070.. Thanks all, I appreciate it. Anyone interested in my EVGA 760 let me know.

Bob

make sure you buy one with 2 fans for better cooling, don't waste your money on superclocked cards unless you are willing to pay the extra price just for a couple extra frames. i own the msi gtx 1070 red and black gaming x version.

i would normally buy gigabyte, i chose msi to match my gaming rig. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125871&cm_re=gigabyte_gtx_1070-_-14-125-871-_-Product

How about the asus turbo one? I thought the blowout type fans were the more sensible design but most manufacturers seem to adopt the simple fan type that throw the heat inside the case too which gets re cycled into the gpu and heat other components as well before system fan flow can blow it all out. Noticed the founders editions also always carry the blow out design. What is the downside of it that most manufactures don't use it (for non overclocked versions too)?

Look at EVGA but decide on warranty length by known name brands! Stay away from undercards despite length of warranty!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks all! 

I have owned EVGA. ASUS, Gigabyte and never had a card failure on either of them. Things can change as we move into the future. There is always a chance that the manufacturer finds a cheaper way to get something done as with many products offered today. I love my 2001 toyota Tundra and it does not use any software to function properly. Can you imagine that? (-:

Thanks again everyone!

Bob