Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Is the phenom 300 any better then the phenom 100 ?

I own the Carenado Phenom 100 and am considering getting the 300.  Are there any improvements in the 300 over the 100?  Does the autopilot work any better.  I have issues with the autopilot in the 100. Example, using the FLC function, or holding the glide slope ETC.

Thanks,

Jim

i own both and would have never bought the 300 if i could go back, it's exactly the same just a little bigger, just my opinion, i hope this helps.

Very disappointed to hear the same problems are seen in the newer 300 model.  This would be a great plane if the autopilot functions worked as I think they should.

Very disappointed to hear the same problems are seen in the newer 300 model.  This would be a great plane if the autopilot functions worked as I think they should.

If you use Bert's mods and the GTN 750 the Phenom 300 works well.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Ray Marshall has an excellent review of the 300.  He high lighted the issues with the autopilot including the glideslope tracking.  Sorry Carenado, until you fix this and provide better documentation the 300 is a no go for me.  When it is fixed I will be the first in line to buy it! :smile:

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

The only reason why I purchased the 300 was due to Bert's GTN 750 mod--his mod makes this aircraft enjoyable. However on my aging computer it was hard on frame rates in dense areas like Seattle in Orbx PNW.

Raymie

It is a beautiful aircraft and I had trouble with the AP at first but just fiddled about and it seems to work fine for me for my needs.

Aaron Tirrell

Carenado does this a lot, i.e. rehash slightly different versions of planes they've already developed and then charge full price for them as if they're completely new offerings.

I like most of their stuff, mind you, but they have a bad habit of doing what I previously mentioned plus pushing out aircraft full of bugs that clearly needed more beta testing, which makes it clear they're just out to make more money .

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I own the Carenado Phenom 100 and am considering getting the 300.  Are there any improvements in the 300 over the 100?  Does the autopilot work any better.  I have issues with the autopilot in the 100. Example, using the FLC function, or holding the glide slope ETC.

Thanks,

Jim

I see PC Aviator has both on sale for $28.00US. Still overpriced in my opinion and I own both.

I like the Embraer jets and think I own every one of them out there for FSX/P3D. Sadly, the Carenado efforts are still unfinished and buggy. GTN750 mods are the only way to fly them. I would not buy either (the 100 or 300) again. Love the FeelThere ERJs and Ejets.

Consider the Eaglesoft CitationX or the Flight1 Mustang. In P3D if something's not working right I know I'm the problem, not the plane.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

If you look at the tutorials and flights completed on YouTube by experts with the aircraft, you'll see they have no problems.  Don't know why the Phenom 300 works for them but not for others.  I personally enjoy flights with this aircraft and it is one of my favorites.  It has a learning curve though.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you look at the tutorials and flights completed on YouTube by experts with the aircraft, you'll see they have no problems.  Don't know why the Phenom 300 works for them but not for others.  I personally enjoy flights with this aircraft and it is one of my favorites.  It has a learning curve though.

Well that is the problem Jim. It does have a learning and the documentation is terrible. I bought the 300 myself the other day. This was my first Carenado craft and I was disappointed to find just scraps of info instead of a real manual. She looks pretty at least.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Just watched the tutorials and others flying the Phenom 300 (or 100) on YouTube (Google Phenom 300 FSX or P3D).  The manual has a written tutorial with pictures (page 5, Navigraph G1000 manual).  Nothing spectacular but there is a tutorial.  The G1000 is like any G1000 and there's a tutorial on the Web and in the Learning Center on how to use the G1000.  You can probably buy an E-Manual on SimMarket or a real world manual somewhere.  Again, there is a learning curve and the aircraft does not work exactly like in the real world (i.e., it will still take off w/o trim or with bleeds turned off as examples).  There are a lot of naysayers and I understand that and they have their reasons for being naysayers and I understand that.  I am just saying, if I can learn how to fly this simulated aircraft, anyone can learn how to fly this simulated aircraft!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10