Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Cannot install the RXPGTN-750-XPL into XPlane 11?

I just purchased the RXPGTN-750-XPL to install into XPlane 11.  The installer is looking for the XPlane 10 folder which does not exist as I do not have XPlane 10 installed.  How do I proceed to install this into XPlane 11?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Well, the installer is designed for XP10 and tries to enforce this, as most of support issues are often related to fiddling around with the installed files.

However the installer check code is quite simple: it looks for a file 'X-Plane.exe' with a file version of '10'. Any file renamed like this which has a file version number of 10.#.#.# will do.

The installer also checks a registry to automatically retrieve the path, but I don't remember if the file version check is active in this case. Should you want to try out, you can manually regedit the following key:

path: "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Laminar Research\X-Plane\10.0"

key: "SetupPath"

value: [the path where your X-Plane.exe is installed]

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm having other problems with XP11, but I got the RXP GTNs into XP11 very easily.  Just copy/pasted the plugin folder from XP10 into the Resourse/plugins folder of XP11.  When I opened it in XP11, it asked for the activation code and now everything works great. I've used them on several flights with the default Cessna 172.

I'm just having problems getting controllers working in XP11, which is another topic.

Thanks, but what do I do if I no longer have XP10 installed?  Do you think that I could just rename my XP11 to XP10 and then rename it after I install the GTN570?

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Thank you Jean-Luc.  So are you saying that I can rename both the XPlane11  folder and the X-Plane11.exe to Xplane10 and then after the install, rename them both to Xplane11?

Thanks again very much,

Howard

Howard

Not exactly, the 'X-Plane.exe' you will point to must have a version number starting with 10. too. (right click, properties, details/version)

You might want to try editing the registry instead.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I am really not too clear on editing the registry.  I find it scary.  I think maybe I will go ahead and try to install Xplane10 again and then install the GTN750 into XP10 and then move the plug-in over to XP11.  Does that make sense?

Thanks again,

Howard

Howard

You might want to just install the XP10 demo, with no sceneries. It should be quite fast to install!

Okay thanks, I will try to download the XP10 demo.

I can't find any place to download the XP10 demo from. I will try to find my original discs.

Howard

Thank you again Jean-Luc.  I am sorry for all the bother.

Howard

Howard

so just to be clear the installer installs it into xplane 10 plug in, than you would copy and paste it to the xplane 11 plugins? and than what about the garmin gtn trainer download where dos that go?

I have the do228, and the jf pa28 which I see they are compatible with.....

This is an old discussion. Just select XP11 in the list of install locations and if the installer can't detect it, it will prompt you for the XP11 folder. As for the trainer, the installer manages all this for you as well: download + run Garmin's installer.