Sign in to follow this  
blunttrauma

Tutorial#1 EHAM ILS18R Runway not listed

I am having problems with the fmc, when I first tried it, it displayed nav. data out of date. I updated the nav. data with navigraph.com

now  with the tutorial flight I am not getting ILS 18R runway listed at EHAM arrivals.

I did get rwy. 18R listed

wazzup?

Bill MacLeod

Hello,

If your nav database is updated with the latest AIRAC and you have missing approaches, then you can try deleting the file "ARPT_RWY.dat" located in \PMDG\NAVDATA folder and restart the sim.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thanks Romain, I have AIRAC 1613 and I am reluctant to mess about with files, (not exactly computer savvy).

I have programmed a different route, from PHLI to PHNL Lihue to Honolulu with no problems.

I didn't fly the route, just activated and executed and the fmc accepted it no problem.

Thanks Romain, I have AIRAC 1613 and I am reluctant to mess about with files, (not exactly computer savvy).

Hi,

I can understand that. However, the file arpt_rwy.dat in the folder \PMDG\NAVDATA is not part of the AIRAC. You can delete it (or move it elsewhere if you prefer), it will be rebuilt when you load a PMDG aircraft again.

You can search the forum with arpt_rwy, it is a common way to fix some issues with the nav database, like missing runways, approachs...

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

By the way, as a reference for future posts: as per forum rules you have to sign all your posts with your full names either manually or in your signature.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I tried to find the file, search revealed no results. So I had a look at the stars for Schipol on the chart-Rwy ILS 18R is a

night hours only approach. 21.30-05.30.

Chart states ILS 18R RNAV (night)

Bill MacLeod

So I had a look at the stars for Schipol on the chart-Rwy ILS 18R is a

In PMDG>SIDSTARS folder>EHAM.txt>APPROAHES is this line "APPROACH ILS18R FIX EH621 AT OR ABOVE 2000 FIX EH622 1310 RNW 18R TRK 183 UNTIL 390 TRK 325 INTERCEPT RADIAL 280 TO FIX EH624 FIX OVERFLY EH624 2000. I am also looking at a LIDO chart which shows ILS or LOC 18R. Essentially the same chart is produced by the Dutch VACC. Don't get involved with ILS 18R RNAV. Rebuild the file that Romain mentioned.