Sign in to follow this  
tremor595

Flightbeam Holiday Sale

I'm only sorry that Flightbeam has so few airports.. They could get some serious money from me.. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

I'm only sorry that Flightbeam has so few airports.. They could get some serious money from me.. :smile:

Me too but have all three and not upgrading to the newest version of SFO since I rarely fly there.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What's the FPS impact of these please? Just watched KDEN's video and I'm thinking it'll bring my system to its knees. i7 950 and 2Gb GTX 960, 24Gb RAM.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

just try the timed demo to see the performance.

• Upvote 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

KDEN is amazingly good performance-wise given how large and detailed it is. I'm not sure how they pulled it off but it's great. This is in P3D, I can't speak to FSX.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Is there any significant difference between KSFO Legacy and KSFO HD?

Initially I gave up on upgrading as the 10% upgrade discount was not attractive to me.

I also thought it might not be a big difference as the addon comes from the same hands.

But making use of this year's Black Friday 30% discount I bought KSFO HD, being my only missing Flightbeam product.

I have just finished my North American FSL A320 tour today, landing or taking off from KSFO four times (time to return to Europe).

All I can say is KSFO HD is ine of the very best airports I have ever had in FS. Mir is a magician and this is his latest baby.

Everything is excellent, so many new textures, models and animations and performance is not worse than in the legacy version.

Some even say it is even better than in the legacy version, though I can't say since I'm now flying FSL A320 which is an FPS monster, especially for my aging PC.

I am happy I bought it and I am sure you will see the difference quickly.

If you are on the fence, install the demo and see for yourself.

Rafal,

Thanks for explanations.  How are cargo facilities of KSFO HD?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

How are cargo facilities of KSFO HD?

No idea, mate, I was flying only pax jets.

But, again, I can only recommend downloading and installing the scenery from the FB website and you will have five minutes to explore the airport in full version with each session.

There is no better way to evaluate the quality. I wish more developers offered full-feature time-limited demos.

Rafal,

Thanks for answer. You know that 5 minute is not enough unless FAA or Vatsim does not mind me breaking 20 kt taxi speed limit around the airport to view.  LMAO

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

As many can attest.  The quality is simply the best around.   I have found no better than FB.  There are rivals like Flytampa, FSDT, Aerosoft, etc but none match the quality. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png