Sign in to follow this  
igrouptech

GTN map freeze troubleshoot

Once I'm ready with a build we'll be able to pursue via PM and email.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

ANy update to this issue? I'd like to start using this for additional training purposes as its what I use in real life. 

Thank you in advance. 

I too had this issue. (Yesterday, all new downloads and installs of both)

Dual Radeon R9 270X 2GB cards, AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core.

Tried putting XP-10 on a dedicated system to see if I could run the GTN-750 and cure the Blank/Transparent screen issue I've been having. Cured the screen issue, but GTN freezes when Map or Direct-to button is pressed.

Curious if there is a solution to this yet.

(Still having the blank screen issue on my main system)

@Piper5299X:

"I too had this issue. (Yesterday, all new downloads and installs of both)"

Does it mean it was working fine before and started to happen yesterday? If so, do you have any idea about what has changed in your system? Also, can you please look at Event Viewer for related information and post it here?

@igrouptech:

The final work for releasing the GNS WAAS has been taking more time than anticipated so I've unfortunately no update to this yet. Our plans is once the GNS WAAS gets released, which I hope anytime this week, we will be working on the next GTN update with support for the latest trainer as well as a number of enhancements to the plugin we've done on the GNS plugin that will transpose to the GTN plugin (such as TCAD spurious alerts annoyance that are now resolved). This will be the proper time to add troubleshooting code and make a special build for you.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

RXP,

It has never worked.

Yesterday I did a complete new install of X-Plane and the GTN, on a new PC running Windows 7,  and the GTN never worked. Did all the tries and changes that I have found here, to no avail.

My other system I am trying to get it to work on is a Windows 10 system. Same issues, first, blank screen, then no runways over 4000', and now freezing at second "Continue" screen. 

I have given up on X-Plane 10, and concentrating on the X-Plane 11 GTN install now.

GTN 750 freezes on DB verifying. 

GTN 750 freezes on verifying terrain and navigation.

Only freezes in sim, trainer works fine by itself (Ver 6.1.1.0)

Running Windows 10

Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHZ

16G Ram

AMD Radeon R9 390X 8GB

Only freezes in sim, trainer works fine by itself (Ver 6.1.1.0)

Running Windows 10

Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHZ

16G Ram

AMD Radeon R9 390X 8GB

Have you asked for assistance to F1 software already?

Good luck.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Have you asked for assistance to F1 software already?

Please note this is Reality XP Forum, for Reality XP products, which includes the Reality XP GTN 750 Touch and Reality XP GTN 650 Touch among other things!

First, please make sure not to create new threads about the same subject otherwise it will only dilute the information and make it harder to solve.

1) You last post mentioned it has never worked, does it mean it now boots and freezes a little bit later during the boot process?

2) Can you please post the content of your rxpGtnSim.dll.log and rxpGTN.xpl.log files in "My Documents" folder if any?

3) Can you please post the content of your XPlane 10\log.txt file?

I just wanted to let you know that with the GNS now released, we'll follow shortly with the GTN update to support the latest Trainer. It will add diagnostic tools as well so it is imperative you let us know about the content of your log files before we release, so as to help us help you.

Jean-Luc,

Thank you for your patience with me on this. As I stated the other day, I will just hold off the config for XP10, and will solely concentrate on the install for XP11. Please PM me when the update to support the latest trainer is available, as I am sure that that is my issue. 

The Log files show the same thing, "Unknown trainer version"

Thanks again for all of your help,

Tommy

I have same issue of the GTN freezing when pressing the map button, the terrain button, or the direct to button in XP10.51 or XP11b6 and 7.  Trying all suggestions above did not change the situation.  I am patiently awaiting the update, but wanted to highlight that this is affecting more than two people. 

Thank you for the report, and the log in my PM. Can you also send the X-Plane crash_log.txt file?

The log you sent me shows your video card is GeForce GTX 765M/PCIe/SSE2 / OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 376.33 (450/0)

This leads me to think the issue might not be video card related at all, because we have a test machine with a very close video card (775M) and using the same drivers (376.33).

Hence, I'm wondering if the issue might not just be related to a corrupted file, starting with the non-volatile memory file. Can you please look into:

"C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\GTN1nonvol" and rename or delete all the "sys_nand#" files (with # being a letter), and just keep the "sys_nand0" file.

sys_nand0 is the default GTN non volatile memory file.

sys_nand# are the files created by our GTN simulation, one file per device (model+unit) so that we never touch the genuine (default) values.

Once the GTN starts, it will make its own copy from sys_nand0 and start anew, that is fresh settings, no user wpts, no saved fpls.

Jean-Luc,

Thank you for the quick reply.  Neither XP10 nor XP11 crashed.  Therefore, I do not find a crash_log.txt.  When I press the "map" button, the "terrain" button, or the "direct to" button, the GTN750 freezes.  Otherwise, the plane continues to function and fly.

I deleted all files except "sys_nand0" in "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\GTN1nonvol". Unfortunately, no change. 

I appreciate the help,

Aaron

This is quite peculiar. It might be the sys_nand0 has been corrupted then. Can you please just rename sys_nand0 for the time being to something like sys_nand0.disabled, then delete all other sys_nand#, then try again. The GTN will recreate a sys_nand0 from scratch, probably will tell you about it in a message too.

Please let me know.

I renamed the file to "sys_nand0.disabled".  However, there were no other sys_nand# files.  There was no change in XP11pb7 or 8 or XP10.

Thanks for your patience.