Sign in to follow this  
igrouptech

GTN map freeze troubleshoot

I have the same problem and have been following this link for about a week now.   Nothing I do has had any effect.   I'm not a computer programmer so most of the technical jargon is jumble to me.   I'm on a DELL 6800 with many bells and whistles (top of the line stuff - was purchased for video editing - cost about $4K) running Windows 7.

I've deleted and reloaded several times.   I've made sure that I have full control of all files.   I've downloaded the GTN trainer separately.   I've done numerous things but nothing is working.   The trainer works fine when I open it and all functions are normal (I have a GTN 650 in one plane I own and a GTN 750 in another plane - I know how to use the equipment).

Running X-Plane 10 (latest version).   650 works fine until I select any function that will bring up the map - then the big freeze hits.   I'm at the point where I want a refund but I would rather have the system working.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!

On April 30, 2017 at 7:12 PM, mshehranian said:

two faulty files one was the MSVCR120.dll which I assume is something with Microsoft Visual C++ and the second was the atigktxx.dll which is with the ATI Radeon card driver, rolling back the driver fixed the freezing issue,

You are right. What is interesting is that the failure occurs in the 'memcpy' function within MSVCR120.dll

This mean the program reach a point where it tries to copy some block of memory to some other place, and it tries to do so in an area where there is no memory. What I'd be interested in is the stack trace of this crash in order to find out which code was calling the memcpy function. However, I'm not sure how the best you can setup your system to get this stack trace in a 'friendly' way.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

15 hours ago, GDixon said:

650 works fine until I select any function that will bring up the map - then the big freeze hits.

We're currently looking into this, more specifically, what can we devise to get meaningful traces of what is happening on your system when it fails, so that we can pinpoint the source of this.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

RXP - thanks for the reply.   I've been out of town for a few days but now back at trying to get this thing working.

Are you saying that you're working on a fix to help determine the problem or are you asking me for more info to help find the issue?

Should I stick with this and find the cure or should I get a refund and come back later when the problem has been found?   I would rather have the 650 working.   Are you having the same issue with the 750?   If not, what's the chance of trading in the 650 for the 750?

Thanks - GD

What I'm saying is that the next 2.4.6 (planned for release today) will include some INI file options to help trace where it breaks down. Basically, there will be probes in the code to trace execution and dump data in the log file. With this info, we hope we'll be able to understand what is going on and where, because it looks like it is user-system related and there are no 2 machines alike.

This could also be a video card glitch (see other threads about ATI driver issue) and the next version also includes changes in the 'graphics' department to cope with this.

Thanks for the update.   When can I get this and how do I go about updating my system ?

GD

We've been delayed in our plan, but v2.4.6 is now live here:

You just have to install the new version over.

As for the map freeze issue, I'd recommend you try out as-is first and see if all the corrections we've added (not all are listed in the post) solve the issue. If not, then please refer to p15 of the manual and add the LogTrainer setting to your INI file in the correct section (the section with the same name as the device you are using), then we'll see what the log files say (if any).