Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Night flying AA tip...

Truly, you don't need it. There are no elements that you can see after rotation, that you'd need AA turned on.  So...take the slider to the left (Fastest) and enjoy your flight at the higher FPS, that no AA load will give you.

Tip over...

...over and out.

Er... how about the cockpit...? Or are you always only using external view? Anyway, there is enough to see after rotation at night so I'll leave AA on. ;)

Er... how about the cockpit...? Or are you always only using external view? Anyway, there is enough to see after rotation at night so I'll leave AA on. ;)

I find night way to dark liked how I could change that in P3D I could see everything not just street lights and car lights - need to figure this out - xenviro makes it even worse - hopefully Laminar will provide lighting adjustment slider like P3D does

Rich Sennett

At 3440x1440, I can I guess turn it off...but I do shut it down at night...always.

I find night way to dark liked how I could change that in P3D I could see everything not just street lights and car lights - need to figure this out - xenviro makes it even worse - hopefully Laminar will provide lighting adjustment slider like P3D does

You do have control, but in XP10. It is at the top right...GAMMA.  Set it for your night pref. :)

Rich, if you also run XP10, try GAMMA at a setting of between 2.4 to 2.8 to lighten up the night...

At 3440x1440, I can I guess turn it off...but I do shut it down at night...always.

You do have control, but in XP10. It is at the top right...GAMMA.  Set it for your night pref. :)

Rich, if you also run XP10, try GAMMA at a setting of between 2.4 to 2.8 to lighten up the night...

Running xp11 only thanks for the heads up using maxx fx for gamma but not ideal I think is because its a demo the night texturing no stars moon and banding cant do much until its sorted out - thanks Mitch 

Rich Sennett

Running xp11 only thanks for the heads up using maxx fx for gamma but not ideal I think is because its a demo the night texturing no stars moon and banding cant do much until its sorted out - thanks Mitch 

No problem. I just ran an XP10 flight from KORD to KMIA with a 737.  Had a great flight.  XP10 is not dead by any means...and actually, except for the reflection engine...is not dated at all.  If you have the XP10 key, I'd install a copy and see for yourself.  There is a lot to love still, with XP10! :)

I'm running both...stayed with XP11 b1...and will update from b1, when things get more refined, and tightened up.

Enjoying both versions, equally.

Cheers,