Sign in to follow this  
Jeeeno

Issue when closing FSX using the B777

PMDG,

does this also happen on FSX-SE or is this one really supported?

It looks like this type of crash on exit on FSX is resetting the airframe hours, which I'd call a game-breaking bug!

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

So? Are we just gonna leave Jeeno with a bugged triple seven? That's something I'd expect from mindstar, not from PMDG. Can at least someone confirm that the kernel32 crash on exit bug is not present on FSX Steam Edition?

Buying FSX SE and going through the process of reinstalling every addon, only to find out that the kernel32 is still messing up the 777... Giorgio would be pretty bewildered and worked-up I think.

I don't have the 777 but never had any issues with the 737, neither in FSX boxed, nor in P3D.

Regards,

Fabrizio

Fabrizio Barbierato

So? Are we just gonna leave Jeeno with a bugged triple seven?

I'm assuming you missed my earlier comment that the Kernel32.dll is not a PMDG module, it's a Windows module. As such, it isn't a bug in the 777, and it's not something we can fix.

Kyle Rodgers

So what? Are you telling me that it's time for a C: format? :)

Reformats should always be the last step, because most of the time, reformats don't solve anything (and end up erasing all of the information that could lead you to a solution).

Also: your earlier post indicated that you'd simply elected yourself as a representative of Jeeno, and not that you're having the issue yourself. Best to avoid speaking for others in general, particularly if you also need help, otherwise you may not get the help you need for your own individual problem. Because I'd assumed you were just opening a thread back up to be critical, I'd addressed you at that level instead of the level necessary to provide support.

So, are you seeing the issue as well? If so, what add-ons do you have that you use together with the 777?

Kyle Rodgers

I have no issue at all, because I don't have the 777  :P It doesn't suit my style, too much automation. The only long range bird I'm interested in is the 747, and I'll get the 747 V3 for P3D as soon as it's out.

I only have the FSX version of the 737 Base Package and the P3D version of the 737 Base package and the 600/700 expansion. Never had any problems with them. That is why I recommended PMDG to my long-time friend Giorgio (Jeeno). His favourite plane is the Triple Seven and PMDG is the way to go for that, isn't it?

Now, I am sort of speaking on his behalf... because he's almost given up! I expected the 777 to work flawlessly on his system as the 737 works on mine, but something's up. 

Some are saying that the kernel32 has nothing to do with the PMDG 777, whereas some others say it's a known and irresolvable issue of the 777 in FSX Boxed. 

So how should he proceed? Will FSX:SE fix that, or is a format really required? Both option are quite time consuming, so choosing the right one is important I'd say.

I'd say Giorgio's experience with PMDG has been less-than-stellar for now, and I kinda regret recommending him the 777. I hope you can help him, Kyle!

Regards,

Fabrizio

Fabrizio Barbierato

Now, I am sort of speaking on his behalf... because he's almost given up! I expected the 777 to work flawlessly on his system as the 737 works on mine, but something's up. 

Has he? I feel like you're making an assumption here, which is not yours to make. I can say that we responded to him both here and in the support system and have yet to hear back.

Again, you're also assigning blame to us for a kernel error. These kinds of things are fundamental to the OS. It isn't something we can fix, and I cannot say for sure that a reformat will fix it. It isn't our code, a reformat is really drastic, and takes a long time to get everything reinstalled, all for something that's essentially a crash on exit, which is similar to getting a little particular about a house being demolished piece by piece or going up in flame.

Yes, ideally, it would be nice if the program exited gracefully, but the code that is causing the less-than-graceful exit isn't in our control. A quick glance around the internet referencing the kernel32.dll and FSX returns a number of hits, generic in nature, and not specifically related to any of our products.

Kyle Rodgers

Has he?

Yes, he has. He uninstalled it and decided to stick to GA planes for some time. No assumptions were made here.

Again, you're also assigning blame to us for a kernel error.

Not exaclty blaming, but wondering why it happens only with the 777. I was just asking what would you recommend, as it is clear that you've heard about this kernel32 before, irrespectively of it being tied to the 777 or anything else.

all for something that's essentially a crash on exit, which is similar to getting a little particular about a house being demolished piece by piece or going up in flame.

Something that's causing the 777 not to save the hours flown, making the Service Based Failures unusable. That may not be a burning house, but it sure is something.

I'll get Giorgio to report back.

Fabrizio Barbierato

Some people will never understand, that complex add-on does rely on many other pieces of code/software/mood/weather. SimConnect being just one of them. I never saw any answer about other add-ons used by OP. Many problems with closing FSX:SE are because of outside software still running. VFX, ASN, vPilot, VAinterface etc etc. Try closing these, wait for few seconds and then close FSX.   

I've never closed FSX before having closed any sort of Acars or other programmes. The last thing I'll try is to close ASN before FSX, but I'm far from confident.

If format couldn't solve the issue, do I have hammer my computer to see if it may work?