Sign in to follow this  
VaporizedSteel

Engines burn/crash animation on Posky 777 - 200

I got windows 10 (x64) with FSX SE.

I have this posky model

It has also this panel installed to get the panels working properly.

Plane works fine, but it has a constant animation on the engines with red sparks as if they are constantly crashing or on fire.

This shows you what I mean.

TcrJAcC.png

Any clues?

2nd question:

Both 2d and Vc panels work but it only gives functionality over default cockpit functions like in the default FSX aircraft.
I don't require all the other functions yet. I just returned to FSX after a while of not playing it, and I probably buy a PMDG by the time I want to incorporate FMC's into my whole simming experience.

For the moment I will survive without it.

But if there are plugins that may add FMC functionality and anything else then I'd liked to be told by someone.

EDIT: Prefix should be FSX - SE and not MS.
I can't edit this after posting the thread, maybe allow users to do this, thanks :=)

You didn't accidentally choose  engine fires in the "Failures" section, did you?  Might want to be sure that nothing

is checked in that section.  Did you notice that there is an FMC option in your added panel?  Does the

engine fire show on engine startup or only in flight?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I believe I have the very same model and panel. Never set the engines on fire yet though! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Seems to be fine!

777.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

No engine fire set on the failure settings lol.

I found the fix for the sparks.

I had to remove opensky_spark.fx file from the "effects" folder.

Any chance you guys already did this once before?

Because I would find it odd that I need to take this step and others don't.

I found the fix on another forum suggesting that the sparks happen due to bad collision programming making the game think that the aircraft has crashed the ground or suffered from a tailstrike. I assure you this is not the case because it happens right after I try to taxi and sometimes even when I spawn.

@Chariearon

No working FMC panel, but in the VC it is part of the interior, but not clickable.

None of the available 2D panels is a interactive FMC. You sure you got the same panel that I have?

If yes, I do something wrong :Tounge:

The FMC in my download, which is also your download, works and has clickable buttons.  Do you have Acceleration

or at least SP1 and SP2 installed?  I did not install the modules or waypoints from the panel download.  They are needed for the FMC.

Charlie Aron

Must have been reading the instrument panel options without my glasses or something. Or I'm still having to reaccustom to the FSX GUI since I haven't touched it for 3 years.
I forgot I could navigate all the instrument panel options within the fsx title bar = (left alt > views > instrument panel) 

The FMC panel is there, rare I couldn't find it earlier.

Oh and I have FSX SE.

I have no more questions, thanks for your help and have a nice flight :smile:

There is also a clickable SimIcon for the FMC.  It's the one on the left!

Charlie Aron

The Intergrated Simvionics Gauge (ISG) suite by Ernie Alston, available at SimMarket includes brown bezel (Boeing) gray bezel (Airbus) and no-bezel versions of a fully-functional Smiths FMC. Once you have mastered it, it's the only way to fly.

Best, 

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.