Sign in to follow this  
Flamin_Squirrel

Recommend me a 747-400 flight deck video (DVD/Bluray)

I'm looking to get in the 747-400 spirit by buying a flight deck video. There are a few around, but which do people recommend?

I have the Virgin LHR-SFO one which is good, but old. I want one that covers takeoff/landing well - some of the ones I have only show inside the flight deck for these parts which I find most annoying!

Thanks.

The ITVV Virgin Atlantic dvd EGLL-KSFO is excellent. It starts with the dispatch goes to preflight,engine start, pushback etc. The crew gives very detailed info on procedures, systems and comms. I think its very good. Its 166 minutes long.

Not dvds but excellent and worth watching.

http://www.jetstreamtv.net/flightdeck/

Each flight is split into episodes with planning and departures and flight.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Can't remember if the jetstream ones are picture in picture. I think they are, lots of different angles. Includes crew briefing and also charts are there for viewing on each page. Take a look, they are free.

Chris

Can't remember if the jetstream ones are picture in picture. I think they are, lots of different angles. Includes crew briefing and also charts are there for viewing on each page. Take a look, they are free.

Chris

Chris, 

I had a look at the jeststream site, but could not work out if you can get a youtube version so I can record when in my off peak download times and look at later.

Geoff Bryce

Not dvds but excellent and worth watching.

http://www.jetstreamtv.net/flightdeck/

Each flight is split into episodes with planning and departures and flight.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the link, I found it very useful and interesting. I looked at the Triple seven version and was once again positively struck by the level of accuracy that PMDG has put into their simulation.

Cheers, Marc

The ITVV Virgin Atlantic dvd EGLL-KSFO is excellent. It starts with the dispatch goes to preflight,engine start, pushback etc. The crew gives very detailed info on procedures, systems and comms. I think its very good. Its 166 minutes long.

This is the best of the lot imho though a little dated.

spacer.png