Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

Porting planes from 10 to 11

When running X-Plane 11 on my old computer with Windows 7, I ported several Caranado planes and JRollon's T34 Mentor plane from 10 to 11, they flew and looked prey decent. I now have my new computer with Windows 10 Pro and none of the planes that I have ported over from 10 to 11 show up in aircraft configuration at all.

Can anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks,

When running X-Plane 11 on my old computer with Windows 7, I ported several Caranado planes and JRollon's T34 Mentor plane from 10 to 11, they flew and looked prey decent. I now have my new computer with Windows 10 Pro and none of the planes that I have ported over from 10 to 11 show up in aircraft configuration at all.

Can anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks,

if you drop them in the aircraft folder they will show inside the aircraft menu but with no liveries, look for icons with no liveries...

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

They did do that in Windows 7, but in Windows 10, I get absolutely nothing. I even clicked blank spaces in case they were just not showing up, but there seems to be nothing at all.

Thanks,

They did do that in Windows 7, but in Windows 10, I get absolutely nothing. I even clicked blank spaces in case they were just not showing up, but there seems to be nothing at all.

Thanks,

oops sorry not sure about windows 10 ...but xp11 supports windows 10 but for add ons maybe its incompatibility issues.

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-system-requirements/

X-Plane11

Thanks,

Have you put them inside the main "aircraft" folder? Do you have by any chance any filter enabled in the aircraft selection screen?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I have Windows 10 and had to create an add on folder within the aircraft folder. I copied all of my Carenado planes there. They show up but without a picture of it. While I was able to run them without the picture, I ultimately created icons.

I hope this helps.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thanks Jeff,

Tried that but no joy. I don't know why I could do OK in Win 7 but can't crossover to Win 10. Probably figure it out sooner or later. LOL

Really liking X-Plane 11. My new rig will run X-Plane wih full sliders right at 40 to 50 fps though. looks way better than it did wen I had sliders at half mast on my old rig.

Thanks Jeff,

Tried that but no joy. I don't know why I could do OK in Win 7 but can't crossover to Win 10. Probably figure it out sooner or later. LOL

Really liking X-Plane 11. My new rig will run X-Plane wih full sliders right at 40 to 50 fps though. looks way better than it did wen I had sliders at half mast on my old rig.

try also asking here on this facebook group for xp  maybe better chances for a reply https://www.facebook.com/groups/XPDedicated/

X-Plane11

You can have X-plane generate the icons that the default planes use, but you have to first load a flight then go back in to aircraft selection(otherwise the button doesn't show up) , pick the aircraft with no icon then there will be a "generate icons" , then it scans the aircraft and all it's liveries then builds icons for then.

But your issue sounds like a permissions issue, try right clicking the folder and check properties and see if it's been blocked.

Finally got some of the planes to install. I don't understand it, but if I try to port over aircraft from the new install of xplane 10 on this new computer, the planes won't show up. however I had a folder of the aircraft I had saved from Win 7 on a thumb drive, those planes will show up in xplane11, at least the Caranado planes do and the Mentor TC34 also.

Thought I would add this in case someone else runs into the same problem.

Rather than moving files and folders, try reinstalling specific aircraft from scratch to the XP11 folder. Or just wait for compatible versions.

Rather than moving files and folders, try reinstalling specific aircraft from scratch to the XP11 folder. Or just wait for compatible versions.

"(Re)installing" planes in XP usually is done by copying/moving files and folders, unless they are e.g. from X-Aviation (DRM).

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

True, but doesn't matter. I made a symlink to my XP10 aircraft folder (what is "the same" as copying/moving the folders) without any problems.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...