Sign in to follow this  
RKillins

Installed Aircraft Unavailable in FSX Select Aircraft

I have CaptainSim's 767 Base package installed on my system, however, the jets are not appearing in the Select Aircraft dialogue of FSX.

The aircraft models have been installed at .../Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Airplanes/CS_B767_300

All texture folders are there, and each has a thumbnail.

The aircraft.cfg file appears all in order with each aircraft having its own fltsim number.

I can select CaptainSim from the Publisher menu but all I get are my C130 aircraft, no commercial 767's.

The aircraft variations are all available for configuration in CaptainSim's Aircraft Configuration Editor.

Is anyone able to advise why I am unable to see these aircraft?

RM Killins

Check the Panel.cfg, and Sound.cfg files, they could be Aliased to an Aircraft That You Do Not have on Your System ! - Johnman

Sound.cfg won't prevent it from showing but if the panel is aliased to an aircraft you don't have or if you did not install

all models of that 767, it will cause the aircraft not to show.  Make sure you have show all Variations checked in the

Select Aircraft page as well as all models, publishers, etc.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks you all for the suggestions.

The panel.cfg file is present and is not aliased. It has each of the 25 or so windows configured.

Check variations are all checked.

Still no go.

RM Killins

The panel folder for this aircraft, is it labeled "panel" or something else?  In each of the [fltsim.xx]  does it say panel= or are there any other words inserted?  Do each of the texture= in each [fltsim.xx] correspond to the appropriate texture folder label?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

My many thanks for the continued support, and my sincere apologies for taking so long to respond and acknowledge. Life has interfered.

The panel folder for this aircraft, is it labeled "panel" or something else? In each of the [fltsim.xx] does it say panel= or are there any other words inserted? Do each of the texture= in each [fltsim.xx] correspond to the appropriate texture folder label?

The folder is simply called "Panel", no extra characters.

In each [fltsim.xx] entry, there is "panel=". No extra characters.

All the texture values for each texture in fltsim appear to correspond correctly with a texture.xx entry in the folder.

RM Killins

Just some other odd thoughts....before sending you to the CaptainSim Forum.   Do all of the model=   in the [fltsim.xx]

match what the model folder is labeled?  Lastly, is there a .air file labeled the same as sim= in all of the [fltsim.xx]?

It's hard to believe that a payware company would put out a product with a screwed up aircraft.cfg.

I see the tag label for your thread is FSX-MS.  Are you really using this or FSX-SE?

I remember a fellow having a problem installing repaints to aircraft in FSX-SE because he was using an incorrect

path to his Airplanes folder.   it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379233\SimObjects\Airplanes for FSX-SE.

Charlie Aron

Do all of the model= in the [fltsim.xx]

match what the model folder is labeled?

Yes. Appears so.

is there a .air file labeled the same as sim= in all of the [fltsim.xx]?

Yes.

It's hard to believe that a payware company would put out a product with a screwed up aircraft.cfg.

This is an older product that I had been using successfully before having to reformat and reinstall my entire FSX setup. This time around though I seem to be having issues.

I see the tag label for your thread is FSX-MS. Are you really using this or FSX-SE?

No, I am not using the Steam Edition. I am using FSX with Accelerator.

Perhaps I will reinstall this product. It could be I did not run the installer as administrator.

RM Killins