Sign in to follow this  
boeingflir

No Climb or Acceleration at 3600'

This is interesting. Taking off from EDDF rwy 18 with a right turn to NTM destination EGLL. LNAV and VNAV engaged. Weight 543.0lbs, Climb 1 is 85% N1. Flaps are retracted after a normal clean up. Acceleration and Climb stops at Zero Flap Maneuvering Speed which is 225 Kts. at 3600'.

I think that the aircraft thinks that the flaps aren't up, but they are (visual inspection and indication). The FMC is calling for VNAV to climb at 250Kts. In real life it would continue climbing even if flaps weren't fully retracted, but it would not accelerate above that flap setting maneuvering speed I believe. 

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks,

Bruce Jacobs

Hi,

Have you checked the speed restrictions on the SID?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Very good point, but unfortunately I am not using a SID. The MCP altitude window is set for a level off at 7000 and cruise altitude in the FMC is 310.

The MCP altitude window is set for a level off at 7000

This is not going to solve your problem. This is just for information. At EDDF the top altitude for departure is restricted to 5000 feet.

Yeah, I was blasting off on my test route to see if everything was operational; it isn't. I also just realized that if somehow this was a system issue where the aircraft thinks there are some flaps extended and it was pushing against a flap limit it would give a visual on the PFD and probably an aural warning.

Bruce Jacobs 

Hmmm, Just looked at it again. I tried going to FLCH, nada. I also notice that the pitch attitude is 2.5+ degrees nose down and Stabilizer trim is normal at about 2.5 units nose up. It doesn't make sense and has to be a sim issue. I ran the 737NGX yesterday with no problems and generally I know what I'm doing at least half of the time. Maybe I'll try a departure from another airport. That said, I have no add on airports or scenery.

Hi,

If you use fsuipc, you may move the profile away from the folder and launch the sim without it to check. It may be the issue. In that case you would have to create a new fsuipc profile for the T7.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Budbud, 

Your suggestion got me thinking mainly that what you suggested was beyond my abilities, however I decided to turn around (50 miles NW EDDF) and see how it did in the approach phase. I was already at 3600'. Keep in mind that up to this point I had only made right turns with the heading bug. As I entered downwind for 25C I commanded a left turn for a 74 degree heading and it wouldn't turn. The bug would only increase heading. To make this long story and day a little shorter I had only used the simulation once since I set it up and I had the same problem with acceleration and altitude but never tried to figure out what was wrong. Now I realized that I must have made a mistake when I programed buttons and switches through the PMDG FMC menu and  fsuipc. Specifically, for decrease heading I had used shift+A and that is a preprogramed key for cockpit view change. There must have been a conflict.

It's all better now. You were definitely on the right track and I lucked out and intuited the problem when it wouldn't make the left turn. 

Thanks for sticking with it. 

Best regards,

Bruce Jacobs

Hi Bruce, you are welcome!

Enjoy!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

As I entered downwind for 25C

Bruce

25C is not a landing runway. It is only used for takeoffs. 25L is the runway to land on. I checked the charts for Initial Altitude to make 5000 is correct. It is for 7C/25C. However, 18 is 4000 ft.

Well, I appreciate the depth of knowledge and adherence to the current ATC procedures as well as conscientious, safe operations in the airspace, but please remember, I'm just trying to get my virtual 777 working right. You should see me land on top of a departing jumbo if it's in my way!!! :-)

I understand. I have gone right thru planes in the hold short position to get to the runway.